tire recommendation needed

Old October 13th 05, 06:23 AM

Default tire recommendation needed

Greetings;

I am soliciting recommendations for 26" tires. I am looking to
maximize traction and security for riding in rain on paved roads. I
will also be riding on frost covered roads occasionally, but rain is
much more common. I broke my hip in a bike accident last year, am now
back on the bike, and am very paranoid about another fall. I need the
most traction and security I can get from a 26" tire.

TIA,

Fred Smith

Old October 13th 05, 07:39 PM
Bill Henry

Tom Keats wrote:

Truth be told, I miss my ol' Cheng Shins. They took some
getting used to, though -- they could be a little squidgy[*]
in wet cornering.

Anyhow, out of those Cheng Shins, Tioga City Slickers, Ritchey Toms,
some Kenda things I found, and my current IRC Metros, I liked the
(1.5") Tiogas best for traction and handling in wet conditions.

Yes, 1.5" is probably a good size. Hutchinson makes some slicks for 26"
tires, too.