Shoe Overlap

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 11th 17, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doc O'Leary[_20_]

Default Shoe Overlap

For your reference, records indicate that
James wrote:

I had a bike with some overlap, but not that much.

I’ve only experienced it on a bike after adding fenders. You never realize just how close the clearance is until you shave off that last little bit!

While riding and cornering it was never an issue, and I suspect the
front wheel doesn't get turned that far to corner during a race. The
tightest corners were undoubtedly doing a U-turn on a road only 5m wide.

There’s that, and there’s probably also the way you take sharper turns.
To avoid pedal contact with the ground, I generally don’t pedal through
them and I keep the inside pedal at the “high noon” position. That
behavior also tends to keep overlap with the tire from being an issue.

It was a problem for me doing a track stand. When I had my custom frame
designed I made sure there was enough clearance.

I only had problems with my fenders when I was doing some very jerky steering while powering through some snow.

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly

Which shoe? Bill Techniques 17 February 19th 09 02:37 PM
this shoe? zipper[_2_] Unicycling 8 December 19th 08 05:01 AM
What shoe? D.M. Procida UK 20 October 11th 06 11:18 PM
Cyclocross Toe Overlap - 26 inch front wheel solution? James Techniques 4 August 13th 04 12:13 AM
Small cyclocross frames and toe overlap? Bret Wade Techniques 7 October 2nd 03 11:22 PM