Michael J. Vandeman going to trial.

Old November 10th 10, 04:52 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Mike "Handsaw" Vandeman helps British Columbia business

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
On 11/9/2010 9:01 PM, Wolf Leverich wrote:
[...]
The contemporary Sierra Club*is* a bigger stickler, which is
why we don't organizationally do anything other than sanctioned
trail maintenance in support of land managers.[...]

Does the Sierra Club have a policy against attacking cyclists with a
*handsaw*?

Tom Sherman does not know what happened any more than any of the other
idiots who post to this forum.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 10th 10, 10:07 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Wolf Leverich

On 2010-11-10, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
On 11/9/2010 9:01 PM, Wolf Leverich wrote:
[...]
The contemporary Sierra Club*is* a bigger stickler, which is
why we don't organizationally do anything other than sanctioned
trail maintenance in support of land managers.[...]

Does the Sierra Club have a policy against attacking cyclists with a
*handsaw*?

Probably not, but we prolly don't have policies on buggering
sheep or kicking puppies, either. Of course it's wrong.

You realize there are a *lot* of Sierra Club cyclists, both
road and mountain bike, right? My very battered Specialized
hardtail is about 20 feet from where I sit typing. ;-)

Cheers, Wolf.
Old November 11th 10, 12:53 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bruce Jensen

On Nov 8, 8:45*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

On 2010-11-08, Edward *wrote:
*wrote in message
On Nov 7, 4:32 pm, "Edward *wrote:
*wrote in message
My God, the above activities are what mountain bikers do all the time.
They even construct their own trails on public lands. Eventually such
illegal trails are discovered and are removed at public expense. In the
grand scheme of things, hikers do little if any damage to trails
whereas
mountain bikers do major damage. Try to get your priorities in order.

Old November 11th 10, 12:55 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bruce Jensen

On 2010-11-10, Tom Sherman _ wrote:

On 11/9/2010 9:01 PM, Wolf Leverich wrote:
[...]
The contemporary Sierra Club*is* *a bigger stickler, which is
why we don't organizationally do anything other than sanctioned
trail maintenance in support of land managers.[...]

Does the Sierra Club have a policy against attacking cyclists with a
*handsaw*?

Probably not, but we prolly don't have policies on buggering
sheep or kicking puppies, either. *Of course it's wrong.

You realize there are a *lot* of Sierra Club cyclists, both
road and mountain bike, right? *My very battered Specialized
hardtail is about 20 feet from where I sit typing. *;-)

Cheers, Wolf.

Uh, oh, Wolf - now you've done it - Ed "the 'Tard" Dolan has you in
his sights! :-D
Old November 11th 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 2010-11-10, Tom Sherman wrote:
On 11/9/2010 9:01 PM, Wolf Leverich wrote:
[...]
The contemporary Sierra Club*is* a bigger stickler, which is
why we don't organizationally do anything other than sanctioned
trail maintenance in support of land managers.[...]

Does the Sierra Club have a policy against attacking cyclists with a
*handsaw*?

Probably not, but we prolly don't have policies on buggering
sheep or kicking puppies, either. Of course it's wrong.

You realize there are a *lot* of Sierra Club cyclists, both
road and mountain bike, right? My very battered Specialized
hardtail is about 20 feet from where I sit typing. ;-)

Why I brought the subject up:

"28. Bay Chapter BoLT Issue MSC (McGrady-Aumen) The Board of Directors
permanently bars Michael Vandeman from holding any elective or
appointive leadership positions within the Sierra Club. In addition, Mr.
Vandeman is not to represent the Sierra Club, or any of its entities, in
any manner or on any issue, explicitly or implicitly."

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/Michael_Vandeman

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old November 11th 10, 03:44 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Does Bruce Jensen have a brain?

"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message
On Nov 8, 8:45 pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
[...]
Did not Mike "Handsaw" Vandeman used to be on a Sierra Club committee,
until he got kicked off permanently for his actions against other members?

Yes.

**** you too Asshole!

****ing Regards,

Old November 11th 10, 03:58 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Does Tom Sherman have a brain?

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
On 11/10/2010 3:07 PM, Wolf Leverich wrote:

[...]
You realize there are a *lot* of Sierra Club cyclists, both
road and mountain bike, right? My very battered Specialized
hardtail is about 20 feet from where I sit typing. ;-)

Why I brought the subject up:

"28. Bay Chapter BoLT Issue MSC (McGrady-Aumen) The Board of Directors
permanently bars Michael Vandeman from holding any elective or appointive
leadership positions within the Sierra Club. In addition, Mr. Vandeman is
not to represent the Sierra Club, or any of its entities, in any manner or
on any issue, explicitly or implicitly."

The Sierra Club ceased doing any good ages ago. It belongs to another era. I
say ****'em!

Old November 11th 10, 04:31 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Default Does Ed Dolan have a fetish?

On 11/10/2010 8:58 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom Sherman wrote in message
On 11/10/2010 3:07 PM, Wolf Leverich wrote:

[...]
You realize there are a *lot* of Sierra Club cyclists, both
road and mountain bike, right? My very battered Specialized
hardtail is about 20 feet from where I sit typing. ;-)

Why I brought the subject up:

"28. Bay Chapter BoLT Issue MSC (McGrady-Aumen) The Board of Directors
permanently bars Michael Vandeman from holding any elective or appointive
leadership positions within the Sierra Club. In addition, Mr. Vandeman is
not to represent the Sierra Club, or any of its entities, in any manner or
on any issue, explicitly or implicitly."

The Sierra Club ceased doing any good ages ago. It belongs to another era. I
say ****'em!

^^^^^^^

Ed, have you received counseling for your odd sexual hangups?

Old November 11th 10, 05:39 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
SMS

Default Vandeman helps British Columbia business

On 2010-11-09, wrote:

I would think that the Sierra Club might be a bigger stickler for
rules, and might ask the local FS offices for written permission to
perform the trail maintenance. I wouldn't guess that Mr Vandeman ever
asked any UC personnel for written permission.

The contemporary Sierra Club *is* a bigger stickler, which is
why we don't organizationally do anything other than sanctioned
trail maintenance in support of land managers.

Individuals acting without Club sanction may be maintaining
routes that have existed for many decades.

Cheers, Wolf.

The various Sierra Club entities sometimes are not on the same page. I'm
a long-time Sierra Club member and in a recent referendum in my city I
cited the national Sierra Club web site on the issue of urban sprawl
(building massive amounts of housing away from mass transit):

"New development puts more children in suburban schools, ... does
not pay for the new schools that inevitably must be built."

"Poorly planned development is threatening our environment, our
health, and our quality of life."

Well we strongly agreed with the Sierra Club's position so we quoted it.
The local chapter went crazy because they are in strongly in favor of
such sprawl and development. Our campaign got a nasty-gram from the
local chapter claiming that we were implying Sierra Club endorsement,
when in fact all we did was literally quote the Sierra Club web site.
They demanded that we not use the Sierra Club's name in our campaign
material, but of course they could not stop us. The National Sierra Club
quickly removed the quotes we used from their web site!
Old November 11th 10, 09:55 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Does Tom Sherman have blood in his veins?

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
On 11/10/2010 8:58 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
The Sierra Club ceased doing any good ages ago. It belongs to another
era. I
say ****'em!

Ed, have you received counseling for your odd sexual hangups?

High mindedness is wasted on these newsgroups since they are composed almost
solely of asshole-idiots. I want to be fully understood above all else. Any
doubt as to what I think of the Sierra Club?

The trouble with your posts is that they lack feeling. Consequently, they
are dull to the point of exasperation. The only sin on Usenet is to be dull.
THAT I have never been guilty of.