have you ever knocked teeth out or anything by fallin?

Old August 18th 05, 08:34 PM
happy_4_u

Default have you ever knocked teeth out or anything by fallin?

my grandma wants me to get some king of mouth guard to protect my mouth
because im getting braces soon. Is this neccessary?

--
happy_4_u

Am I right?
happy_4_u's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10619

Old August 18th 05, 08:41 PM
frozenuniman

yes, it is very necessary, braces are expensive, if you are just riding
around town you dont have to but if you are gonna jump at all then
definatly were it, just yesterday, i almost knocked out my already three
fake front teeth(from ice skating)but it is expensive to get the
replaced and your orthodontist wouldn't be to happy either, and if your
around your grandma just were it to make her happy

--
frozenuniman
frozenuniman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10597

Old August 18th 05, 09:21 PM
fexnix

do you have to do what your grandma says? Get a mouthguard for her so
she wont come up with more bad ideas.

--
fexnix - 75 cm sidehop ^

'*My fresh gallery*' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
'knarkargänget' (http://surl.se/elt)

\"u can **** off u retard it says sidehop not high jump so shut da f**k
up and go ride a b*ke. nob!\" /butty
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

Old August 18th 05, 09:27 PM
unicycle6869

I suppose it's possible but unlikely to happen. Never heard of it. Heard
of chipping a tooth or something but nothing too serious. I personally
wouldn't wear one but that's my view and opinion on it, unless you're a
super hard core trails person trying to do impossible stuff. You could
knock your teeth out by getting in a car accident or just by
walking/running if you tripped so maybe you should always wear the mouth
guard!!

Guess it's all up to you and what you think is best. Does the
hassle/uncomfortableness of wearing one outweigh the benifits? That's
the question to ask.

--
unicycle6869 - LEVEL 10 RIDER-HELL YA!

Jamey (formerly known as tuna6869)

Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
screws the country?

*20 Years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you
didn't do than by the things you did-EXPLORE-DREAM-LIVE!
unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990

Old August 18th 05, 09:28 PM
juggle508

I got a root canal today. I will have to wear a mouth guard when i ride
for quite awhile.

--
juggle508 - Street unicyclist.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

---------- Joshua 1:9----------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

Old August 18th 05, 09:30 PM
corbin

to answer your question "have you ever knowed teeth out or anything by
fallin", I chipped a tooth by falling. Granted, i was rock climbing at
the time, but you didn't mention anything about unicycling

-corbin

--
corbin - Treehouse Muni Rider

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561

Old August 18th 05, 09:30 PM
unicycle6869

juggle508 wrote:
*I got a root canal today. I will have to wear a mouth guard when i
ride for quite awhile. *

Why??? I've had 2 root canals and have never worn a mouth guard! The
crown they glue in is supposed to have permanent glue on it so you
shouldn't have to worry about it coming loose.

Old August 18th 05, 09:33 PM
fexnix

ofcourse your grand mom can come up with more stupid ideas but she wont
be able to talk about them.

Old August 18th 05, 09:42 PM
Seager

I broke my front tooth in half juggling (my friend through a bad behind
the back double pass and it hit me in the mouth.)

It then broke again a year later eating a burrito.

350 bucks each time to fix it, and it will probably break once a year
with my luck.

Breaking teeth sucks, don't do it.

--
Seager - that one guy who does that stuff

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

Old August 18th 05, 09:59 PM
fexnix