New bloke

Old August 19th 05, 06:21 PM
Iwantaunicycle

Default New bloke

Hi

I'm new and want to get into unicycling but first I've got a few
questions to ask.

It all started when my dad said "let's build a unicycle." We found some
old forks and a 20inch wheel and set about it. It's stopped for the
minute but just while we are looking for bits.

Also I have seen some unicycles for sale on ebay and have tried bidding
on a few but have been outbid at the last minute on most of them.

So anyway, would it be best to buy one first rather than learn on a
built one because surely a bought one would be better set up. However,
I do want to continue building one so if anyone has done this could they
lease get in touch to try and help me out a bit.

--
Iwantaunicycle
Iwantaunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10645

Old August 19th 05, 08:16 PM
carsonpalooza

You may find it better to learn on one bought because it could hold up
better and would give you parts later. Ebay can be a good place to buy
a unicycle some times but unicycle.com or a local bike shop is probably
a better place to get one. Depending on how your own unicycle comes you
out could learn on that one too. It all depends on how good the one you
make comes out I guess and your personal preference. Good luck!

--
carsonpalooza - www.oddtodd.com

I'm jealous
I just wear bike shorts...* the tight kind*
I think it really does help with performance.
I like your hair. You look like my friend.
Good luck finding a working pirate
That site is making me drool.
Edit... next time, post something like this in JC, and a string of
question marks does not constitute a title.
I was drooling over all those spools.
-Dave aka fcwegnm0b

carsonpalooza's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10085

Old August 19th 05, 08:39 PM
Iwantaunicycle

Thanks alot, that's what I thought. The one we're trying to make will
probably be OK and will hold up alright but it was more the problems of
geometry that I would be worried about and whether it would balance OK
when trying to ride it. Is this true and do you get different angles
and things on unicycles as you would on a bike.

--
Iwantaunicycle
Iwantaunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10645

climb on bikes - poor service -arrogant coconut headed bloke. Pueri laeta UK 5 April 4th 05 09:41 AM
Bloke gets deserved dunking wheelsgoround UK 7 August 17th 04 03:35 PM
Interesting bloke. Simon Mason UK 20 June 1st 04 10:26 PM
everyday, commuter bike for a big bloke Alehandro Australia 1 May 24th 04 11:24 AM
Cheapish full-sus for fat bloke? Fred Fragger Mountain Biking 43 February 6th 04 04:23 PM