Shimano cassette removal

Old July 15th 05, 06:01 AM
Keith

Default Shimano cassette removal

Hi

Does anyone know how to remove a Shimano MF-Z015?

All the best
Keith

Old July 15th 05, 07:16 AM
m-gineering

Keith wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know how to remove a Shimano MF-Z015?

All the best
Keith

Noting that MF stands for multiple FREEWHEEL should help
--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl
Old July 15th 05, 08:43 AM
Keith

"m-gineering" wrote in message
Keith wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know how to remove a Shimano MF-Z015?

All the best
Keith

Noting that MF stands for multiple FREEWHEEL should help
--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl

Well, it would if I was a bike technician, I suppose. Thanks.

Keith

Old July 15th 05, 10:32 AM
Martyn Aldis

In message , Keith
writes
Keith wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know how to remove a Shimano MF-Z015?

All the best
Keith

Noting that MF stands for multiple FREEWHEEL should help
--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl

Well, it would if I was a bike technician, I suppose. Thanks.

Keith

for general information on freewheels (and links to the more modern
Shimano freehub/cassette system) see:

http://sheldonbrown.com/gloss_e-f.html#freewheel

Shimano offer a tool TLFW30 for their recent (post 85?) freewheels.

Park do range of high quality tools and also have excellent on-line
information on the proper way to use them.

The specifics on the freewheel and cassette tools are he

http://www.parktool.com/tool_indexes/catindex_fr.shtml

with links from each tool that tell you how to use them. Sometimes they
suggest the use of special tools that might be useful in a professional
context but are not essential.

The need for the correct freewheel tool can't be avoided unless you are
happy to spend some time destroying the freewheel and have a (large)
appropriate general purpose tool to remove the last bit. Since freewheel
parts are made from very hard steel and may bite back harder than the
teeth of a Stilson wrench or other similar tool can stand there is a
risk of spoiling a large expensive tool to save the fairly modest cost
of the proper tool.
--

Martyn Aldis, e-mail
Old July 15th 05, 10:52 PM
Keith

"Martyn Aldis" wrote in message
In message , Keith
writes
Keith wrote:

[...]

Thank you for your advice, Martin. Your reply was very helpful.

All the best
Keith

Old July 30th 05, 09:26 PM
Jasper Janssen

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:32:50 +0100, Martyn Aldis
wrote:

Shimano offer a tool TLFW30 for their recent (post 85?) freewheels.

Are the Shimano freewheel remover thingies the same splines as used on
modern cassette lockrings? Or will I need a new tool?

Jasper
Old July 30th 05, 09:54 PM

One in the same but good luck. Sometimes
very hard to remove. I'll take removing a cassette any day over a
freewheel. Only one freewheel left.

Shimano 8-speed cassette removal Steve Wingate Techniques 9 April 29th 05 12:32 AM
FS Large list of parts and bikes Marketplace 0 October 28th 03 05:55 AM
5 pages of new parts for sale Marketplace 1 October 28th 03 01:30 AM
Shimano Cassette Removal Stan Cox UK 6 September 12th 03 01:00 PM
ICYCLES Inventory List ICYCLES Marketplace 0 July 26th 03 08:25 PM