Rider weight and a KH24

Old February 24th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rustycogs

Default Rider weight and a KH24

I am considering getting a unicycle. I used to ride one about 30 years
ago but switched to two wheels for some unknown reason. Anyways I am
looking at the KH24 my concern is that I tip the scales at 214lbs. Will
it hold my fat arse? I don't plan on doing anything fancy just mostly
hard pack riding. Whatcha' think? Should I be looking at the Surly 24?

Rusty

--
rustycogs
rustycogs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14420

Old February 24th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
juggle508

I don't think it matters how much you weigh. The KH24 will hold up to
alot (!) of stuff.

KH.

P.S. Welcome to the forums.

--
juggle508

trey varial hickflip over an 8 set ummm... You really have to try
harder, i've done that down an 11 set. Sorry.
-Shaun Johanneson

-----Joshua 1:9------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

Old February 24th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni.rider.13

Yeah the Kh24 will hold all your fat just fine. Especially if all you
will be doing is hard pack riding.

--
uni.rider.13

Some people call me nuts for riding, other people call me no
nuts.

My 'Gallery!!!!!!!!!!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/y3k57x)

Hey!!! Go and see my new website. 'unicycleaustin.741.com'
(http://unicycleaustin.741.com/index.html)
uni.rider.13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13011

Old February 24th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pdc

No problem. I'm 205 lbs and ride moderately aggressive muni. I've done
plent of drops mostly 1 ft and under. But a number of 2 - 3 ft drops
with no problems.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old February 24th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Phuni

Get the KH 24. I'm about 210 lbs. and I do just fine with it. It's
built to take a lot more abuse than that. Besides that, the color is
very cool!

Phil
Indianapolis

--
Phuni
Phuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5264

Old February 24th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
headstone

Yeah and people do things much more demanding than that.

This things are tough.

--
headstone
headstone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13637

Old February 24th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

I'm 220 lbs and I've been abusing my KH24 '05 for about a year, no
issues with it atall.

--
kington99

Dave

Old February 24th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rustycogs

Sold!

I will be placing the order on Monday!

Would 20 miles or so be possilbe on this thing? Provided I have the
engine

Old February 24th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

rustycogs wrote:
Sold!

I will be placing the order on Monday!

Would 20 miles or so be possilbe on this thing? Provided I have the
engine

Hmm, yes you could do it in a day, especially if you get the 150s as
standard. You could probably hold 6 to 7 mph if you were fairly fit and
you blew the tyre right up, so 3 hours riding time plus some breaks
would see it done. I understand some guys in the UK do 40 mile Muni
rides in a day on 24" and 26" rides.

--
kington99

Dave

Old February 24th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
musketman

yeah, 20 miles is no problem on the KH24". If you can go it, it'll do
it. Ive rode farther than that on my 24", so it'll work out fine. The
only thing to worry about is getting a sore arse.

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com

For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Bike weight=Rider weight Penster Techniques 25 August 14th 06 02:36 AM
Rider Weight? UNIquelyCanadian Unicycling 41 January 20th 06 07:43 PM
Rider Weight Limits D'ohBoy Techniques 1 January 19th 06 08:59 PM
rider weight guidelines for carbon seatposts? [email protected] Techniques 16 February 19th 05 01:07 PM
Brooks vs rider weight Malcolm Stewart General 13 August 15th 03 01:43 AM