CTC membership admin, any better now?

Old January 10th 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default CTC membership admin, any better now?

Been meaning to join up for a while now but was hanging back because
of all the bad reports on membership administration that were
appearing in the group. Anyone know if things have settled down now?

"Bob"

Old January 10th 06, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Call me Bob wrote:
Been meaning to join up for a while now but was hanging back because
of all the bad reports on membership administration that were
appearing in the group. Anyone know if things have settled down now?

"Bob"

Still haven't recieved my offer of 15 months for the price of 12 as
recompense for screwing my renewal up. Peter jackson told me this months
ago.
Old January 10th 06, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Call me Bob wrote:
Been meaning to join up for a while now but was hanging back
because of all the bad reports on membership administration
that were appearing in the group. Anyone know if things have
settled down now?

"Bob"

I got family membership a couple of months back. It was straight
forward with no hassle.

It has come in useful already as Helen has had to contact their
solicitors after being knocked off her bike the weekend before
Christmas.
--
Cheers
the.Mark

Old January 10th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Call me Bob wrote:
Been meaning to join up for a while now but was hanging back because
of all the bad reports on membership administration that were
appearing in the group. Anyone know if things have settled down now?

I put our renewal in the post this morning. Will await the result with
interest.

Mike
Old January 10th 06, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"MSeries" wrote in message
Call me Bob wrote:
Been meaning to join up for a while now but was hanging back because
of all the bad reports on membership administration that were
appearing in the group. Anyone know if things have settled down now?

"Bob"

Still haven't recieved my offer of 15 months for the price of 12 as
recompense for screwing my renewal up. Peter jackson told me this months
ago.

Still somewhat spastic. I got my new membership card ;last October ( 2005)
but it was date to expire in 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was assured that a new card would be sent to me
............................................ still waiting. but anyway the
card are cheap and nasty with the details just being printed on the card
with very "delible" ink!

I really only joined for the 3rd party insurance and the Camping card
international -- The CCI has now been stopped.
The website is archaic and information retrieval is unfriendly. They are too
much tied up into governmental and charity funding and other distant
campaigns to be bother about actual touring cyclists or indeed any cyclists
at all.
I suspect that the paid staff are too busy to worry about cyclist!

Not at all impressed

I shall not renew again next October

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old January 11th 06, 12:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Pinky wrote:
The website is archaic and information retrieval is unfriendly. They
are too much tied up into governmental and charity funding and other
distant campaigns to be bother about actual touring cyclists or
indeed any cyclists at all.
I suspect that the paid staff are too busy to worry about cyclist!

I suspect that they are too busy fixing things for cyclists to design
websites. And membership handling needs to be done right, but it's nothing
to do with actually making cycling work better.

Roger Geffen, for one, is very good at ensuring that cyclists are treated
with respect by the authorities, Chris Juden does an excellent job of making
sure that new technology is made useful for touring cyclists, etc, etc.

--
Ambrose

Old January 11th 06, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

You will find that the CTC has changed the company that deals with the
membership and so all should be OK now.

Mark

www.stevenagectc.info

Old January 11th 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Mark Jenkins wrote:
You will find that the CTC has changed the company that deals with the
membership and so all should be OK now.

Mark

Sorry to disillusion you,it's still crap.
We joined for five years to avoid the yearly grief at renewal time.

Sam Salt
Old January 11th 06, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Mark Jenkins wrote:
You will find that the CTC has changed the company that deals with the
membership and so all should be OK now.

Mark

www.stevenagectc.info

They still haven't made me the offer they said they would in October

Old January 11th 06, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

They still haven't made me the offer they said they would in October

They never will unless you remind 'em. Whack a letter off and that should
sort it out.

CTC membership admin David Martin UK 9 June 17th 05 01:04 PM
why I will not be renewing my membership next year - an open letter to BV Carl Brewer Australia 19 May 5th 05 12:50 AM
CTC membership - all is clear now! Zog The Undeniable UK 0 January 28th 05 05:28 PM
CTC Membership MSeries UK 3 April 15th 04 01:31 PM