2003 RM ETSX

Old October 5th 04, 06:37 PM
RM Dude

Default 2003 RM ETSX

I own a Rocky ETSX 50, 2003 model. I have had a lot of trouble with ghost
shifting as have 2 of my colleagues who ride the same bike.

My LBS tells me that they have had many problems with this bike, as do the
non-RM dealers in town, and a RM dealer I spoke to outside of town.

The RM rep tells me that this is not a common problem with this model, and
I am wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

In fairness to Rocky Mountain Bicycles, they have been excellent in
addressing my concerns. They are replacing my frame with a 2005 model.
They say that the 05 has a stiffer frame so frame flex will be less of an
issue.

I am wondering if it is worth asking for the new carbon fibre rear triangle
(spec'd on the ETSX 90) as I suspect this is stiffer yet. I worry that
since carbon fibre is not used by RM much (? at all) before, that I will
end up having durability issues with a CF rear end.

Any thoughts?

Old October 6th 04, 04:18 AM
scott

Carbon fibre on the rear of a bike with that much travel would scare the
crap outta me.

Could be unfounded but when I bottom out a bike hard I am glad I don't have
carbon.