Cycling not particularly dangerous

Old June 27th 08, 05:51 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike

Default Cycling not particularly dangerous

On Jun 14, 9:17*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Wilson" wrote in message

. ..

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
I was one of this world's champion hikers, sometime 15 miles a day and
this was in the mountains. I did that for some 10 years all over the
country on almost a daily basis when I was in my 30's. I don't think I
ever did anything dangerous, but hikers get into trouble all the time for
one reason or another. I never was a strong person, so I had to take care
of myself. Hells Bells, if I had known I was going to live so long, I
would have taken better care of myself.

Ah you were a professional hiker. *Very good.
When I was in my thirties I wanted to be a professional bicycle tourist
and photographer. *I was unable to find sponsorship. *Or more correctly,
sponsorship was unable to find me.

You don't need any sponsorship as long as you are unmarried and willing to
remain poor all of your life. I take pride in being poor the way some guys
take pride in being rich. In any event, it was very inexpensive to travel in
the 60's and 70's.

To get my perspective on life, read Jon Krakauer's "Into the Wild". When you
are young, you should only be into adventure, not money and jobs or marriage
and children. Ugh!

By the way, just plain riding your bike for many miles is basically a guy
thing. Kids and women are only into just quite short rides if truth be
told.

It has been my observation that women seem perfectly suited to long
distance riding. *Perhaps more so than men.

NEVER more so than men, but the gals who are into long distance cycling are
the athletic type, mostly phy ed teachers. They are few and far between. I
don't mind them so long as they do not have a macho attitude. That is
reserved for us testosterone based men. Women who want to compete with men
are beneath contempt. I treat them like the tramps that they are.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Dolan is on IGNORE

Cycling not particularly dangerous Zebee Johnstone Recumbent Biking 0 June 9th 08 08:23 PM
Dangerous cycling? Mike Sales UK 11 October 10th 06 11:14 AM
Cycling is dangerous - TV ad Wally Australia 19 August 18th 06 05:22 AM
Just how dangerous is cycling? Tumbleweed UK 6 July 31st 05 12:21 AM
So, is cycling dangerous or not then? Nick General 5 October 19th 03 01:11 PM