Bikeshops that laugh at your bike

Old August 15th 03, 12:01 PM
Andrew Swan

Default Bikeshops that laugh at your bike

Deep Flayed Mares wrote:
I have nothing but scorn for these dickhead yuppies that buy a new $1000+
bike and leave it out to die in the rain while they drive everywhere.
---
DFM

Why do you care? Did you mean scorn or envy? :-)

&roo

Old August 15th 03, 12:25 PM
Deep Flayed Mares

Andrew Swan wrote in message
Deep Flayed Mares wrote:
I have nothing but scorn for these dickhead yuppies that buy a new

$1000+
bike and leave it out to die in the rain while they drive everywhere.
---
DFM

Why do you care?

Ummm... that would kinda be giving away a bit much about myself. I'm in
cognito in usenetland if I can help it! )

Did you mean scorn or envy? :-)

I did mean scorn. I guess it means I like bikes more than dickhead
yuppies...
---
DFM

Old August 15th 03, 11:50 PM
John Doe

: True, there's many excellent bike shops in Melbourne, and their
: kindness, understanding & knowledge will be duly rewarded some day in
: the future, when, one sunny day, I walk in and ask to purchase a Dura
: Ace groupset or two, or three......
:

Too true. That goes the same for where I live. I am going to buy a nice
bike soon to replace my aging beloved. It has done about 50000ks (I know
people get a lot more out of them). I have all original parts etc except a
rear deraiulleur due to a little accident. I have always kept it
maintained but I am keen for something faster and lighter. Its due for a
chain and cluster anyway. Now I would like to spend up to $3000 so who am I
going to choose to take my business to. I think they should be a little
more over sensitive if they want to make money. People will congregate to
the most helpful stores.

Pete