Pedestrian killed by cyclist (BNE) and cyclist killed by car (MEL)

Old July 11th 06, 11:44 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Adrian Cook

Default Pedestrian killed by cyclist (BNE) and cyclist killed by car (MEL)

Not a good day at all:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...0-1702,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...5-1702,00.html

Old July 12th 06, 12:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum

Adrian Cook Wrote:
Not a good day at all:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...0-1702,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...5-1702,00.html

Police are investigating. They should do that more often.

--
LotteBum

Old July 12th 06, 01:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

scotty72 wrote:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...0-1702,00.html

That must be fairly rare - ped KILLED by a cyclists. However, it is very sad.

Yes, sad for all involved. Details will be interesting. Brisbanites are
chronic J-walkers, often with headphones. The catering on roads for
cycling desire lines is woeful. Add to that building works (council
building no less) that have closed off roads and pathways with
inadequate detours for peds and cyclists, and the legality of cycling
on footpaths. It might be hard to blame anyone, with such a culture of
carelessness.

Donga

Old July 12th 06, 07:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum

Donga Wrote:
Yes, sad for all involved. Details will be interesting. Brisbanites are
chronic J-walkers, often with headphones.

Listen here mate, you're no angel on your pushie.

Lotte

--
LotteBum

Old July 12th 06, 11:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman

We dont have many facts on this yet, so maybe a bit premature to add
too

much comment other than:

-as human beings, members of the family of humanity, we all regret any
death no matter how it comes about.-

-As cylists, we trust cyclists ,--pedestrians and motorists will always
keep a proper lookout and take care on --and near the roadway...-
this could have been a cyclist doing the absolute right thing and a
ped,stepping of into him ...we just don't know..., it could have been
the oppposite too, with rider barrelling into peds., or one where
other factors so contributed that both parties were the innocent and
sad consequences of a bad situation...no matter what , it is tragic for
everyone invoved.

Police are still looking for witnesses to help explain it all...

*Bottom line.... all the time....cyclists, motorists and pedestrians,
all look out for and after each other.*

--
rooman

Old July 12th 06, 12:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Absent Husband

LotteBum wrote:
Donga Wrote:
Yes, sad for all involved. Details will be interesting. Brisbanites are
chronic J-walkers, often with headphones.

Listen here mate, you're no angel on your pushie.

LotteBum

Fight, fight, fight, fight!!!

Oh sorry, was just briefly flashing back to primary school... *grins*

Cheers,
Abby (hmmm, maybe one more scotch & dry before stage 10 starts...
*trots off to fridge*)

Old July 12th 06, 01:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle
vintage

"Absent Husband" wrote in message
oups.com...

LotteBum wrote:
Donga Wrote:
Yes, sad for all involved. Details will be interesting. Brisbanites

are
chronic J-walkers, often with headphones.

Listen here mate, you're no angel on your pushie.

LotteBum

Fight, fight, fight, fight!!!

Oh sorry, was just briefly flashing back to primary school... *grins*

Cheers,
Abby (hmmm, maybe one more scotch & dry before stage 10 starts...
*trots off to fridge*)

Hitting an off duty policeman will attract the attention of the press and so
every time.

Old July 12th 06, 11:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

LotteBum wrote:
Donga Wrote:
Yes, sad for all involved. Details will be interesting. Brisbanites are
chronic J-walkers, often with headphones.

Listen here mate, you're no angel on your pushie.

Just fitting in, Lotte! ...I never have been able to get rid of the kid
in me.

Donga

Old July 13th 06, 02:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum

Donga Wrote:
Just fitting in, Lotte! ...I never have been able to get rid of the kid
in me.

Are you going to punish me for my cavendish bananas?

Lotte

--
LotteBum

Old July 14th 06, 12:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

LotteBum wrote:
Are you going to punish me for my cavendish bananas?

Ssshhh! At $13/kg, that's like publicising your dope crop. Wait for the
night-time banana burglary.

Donga