Top Ten Landis Excuses - Letterman

Old July 28th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Hell and High Water

Default Top Ten Landis Excuses - Letterman

10. "High altitude in the Alps made daddy dizzy"

9. "Who can resist Balco's delicious 'spicy chipotle' flavor

8. "I was trying to impress Sheryl Crow"

7. "Uh...global warming?"

6. "The world hates Americans already, so does this really matter?"

5. "French *******s must have dosed my quiche"

4. "Wanted to give 'New York Post' excuse to run hilarious 'Fink Floyd'
headline"

3. "Hulk no need excuse"

2. "Frankly, I'd rather be a disgrace than a loser"

1. "Screw you - - I'm Floyd ***damn Landis"
Old July 28th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
jerry in vermont

Hell and High Water wrote:
10. "High altitude in the Alps made daddy dizzy"

9. "Who can resist Balco's delicious 'spicy chipotle' flavor

8. "I was trying to impress Sheryl Crow"

7. "Uh...global warming?"

6. "The world hates Americans already, so does this really matter?"

5. "French *******s must have dosed my quiche"

4. "Wanted to give 'New York Post' excuse to run hilarious 'Fink Floyd'
headline"

3. "Hulk no need excuse"

2. "Frankly, I'd rather be a disgrace than a loser"

1. "Screw you - - I'm Floyd ***damn Landis"

I like the last two.

Seriously though, blood boosting I can see. Sounds like pretty
remarkable gains can be had.

But a patch on your balls over night? For real, how much different
would his performance have been with VERSUS without? Micro doses of
tes CANT make a hill of freaking beans difference.

The power of the mind in that sort of situation has to be worth a
measurable percentage advantage in what you can do. Some silly sticker
on your ball sack aint gonna do ****.

Whether he did or not, he was Floyd GODDAMN Landis on that day, and
ripped their ****ing legs off. End of story.

The rest is semantics.

thinks pro cycling ****ing sucks.

Old July 28th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Roger Zoul

jerry in vermont wrote:

:: thinks pro cycling ****ing sucks.

I'm quickly coming to agree with this.....

Old July 28th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Old Boy

The presence of what the International Cycling Union described as "an
unusual level" of the drug does not bode well for Landis, but what
everyone is forgetting is that he cannot be judged guilty of cheating
until the second of two urine samples has been tested.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index....ID=2&subID=775

Old July 28th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
jerry in vermont

Roger Zoul wrote:
jerry in vermont wrote:

:: thinks pro cycling ****ing sucks.

I'm quickly coming to agree with this.....

My point is that no sticker on his privates is gonna turn him into this
roided out machine who can rip 7 minutes out of the whole field.

MAYBE a blood doping routine could.

Bottom line is he let his legs do the talking, and to belittle that by
saying, oh, well, he took nanograms of tes the night before, that
explains it, is STUPID.

If he doped, he should be kicked out on his ass. If he admitted to
doing tes the night or days before the stage 17 victory, THAT WOULD NOT
CHANGE THE NATURE OF THAT RIDE.

I dont see how, biologically, it COULD.

He got the time cause he ****ing attacked with 130ks to go and the
field let him. If they had chased earlier, they probably would have
gotten him. its not like it was a 200k TT and he took 7 minutes out of
the next best guy. It was a ****ing road race and if people dont get
that, they are watching the wrong sport already.

Man, this whole mess is ****ING ME OFF. WTF, i just want to watch
****ing bike racing WTF.

We were better off in the Lemond years when we didnt know.

Old July 28th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Roger Zoul wrote:
jerry in vermont wrote:

:: thinks pro cycling ****ing sucks.

I'm quickly coming to agree with this.....

It's like other workplaces: you have to decide whether you're going to
be a top or a bottom. Then you do what you have to do...

Old July 28th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
k.papai

jerry in vermont wrote:
Hell and High Water wrote:
[...]

It sucks because so many of these tests only show what is in the blood
serum, not whether anyone is DOPING or not. Are you on dope? You
sound like it.

Your bud Page totally clean then ehh?

-Ken

Old July 28th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
k.papai

Roger Zoul wrote:
jerry in vermont wrote:

[...]

J -- you make a LOT more sense now.

Cheers! and like you, I am damned ****ed as well.

-Ken

Old July 28th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Philo

If blood doping could make anyone rip 7 minutes out of the entire
field, we would certainly have seen it by now.

Old July 28th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
jerry in vermont

k.papai wrote:
jerry in vermont wrote:
Hell and High Water wrote:
[...]

What are you talking about? I am sorta dense sometimes, but did I
change my opinion somewhere in this thread?

And I called Page and told him he should ****ing quit this ****ing
sport right ****ing now before something freakish like this happens to
him, too. The risk is not worth the reward unless you are Lance or at
the Lance level making huge bucks.

Anyone who is in a position to win a bike race and thus be drug tested
is playing a dangerous game for NOTHING. Look at whats his name who
popped for an approved sinus medication, which produces illegal
metabolites or something. Just some 2 bit US based pro like JP with a
runny ****ing nose.

Do you want to live with the possibility of some giant cloud hanging
over you the rest of your LIFE cause you tried to race bikes instead of
working? So you win your little bike race, something that no one in
the real world gives a **** about, like US cyclocross nationals. You
put your body thru all kinds of hell in training, then you have some
freak collaps like Floyd did, or say...FOOD POISONING, and then you
race anyway, cause you are a fighter. You have turned your whole body
on its head, and then some stupid little ratio of some other wierd
anomoly pops some drug test that some 10 dollar an hour lab employee
did on the Monday after the race. You dont have money to fight it, you
have to just go away.

You look forward to people who you knew back in the day saying, hey,
your that guy right? I remember you... Then they say, you popped a
drug test right? Not, you won the amateur criterium
championships...seriously. **** THAT.

Do you look back on that in ten years and think it was worth it for the
shot at "glory" or do you wish you had just stuck to landscaping and
ridden mountain bikes on the weekend with the rest of us?

The sport is ruined an good people should get the **** out of it.
People with nothing to loose, morally, should just feel free to keep
racing.

still blowing sunshine...

Eddy, Landis Crescentius Vespasianus Racing 5 July 21st 06 03:04 PM
Landis tactics Tsarkon Racing 1 July 21st 06 08:41 AM
no pain for Landis Andre Racing 3 July 19th 06 03:03 AM
Will Lance LeMond Landis? Callistus Valerius Racing 1 July 18th 06 04:37 AM
Help for Landis Andre Racing 10 July 12th 06 09:51 PM