Right approach to dangerous driver behavior?

Old August 24th 03, 11:15 PM
Ray Heindl

Default Right approach to dangerous driver behavior?

"Buck" j u n k m a i l @ g a l a x y c o r p . c o m wrote:

"TomP" wrote in message
A disposable camera couldn't hurt either.

I carried one of those in my handlebar bag during a weekend tour a
few years ago. I had to bunnyhop an obstacle at speed (about
35mph) and the camera flew out of the bag, hit the pavement, then
slid about 40 feet before exiting into the ditch. I retrieved it
and other than a few scratches, it survived quite well. The
pictures even turned out nice!

How long do people carry the same camera around? I would think that a
year or two in a saddle bag would ruin the film, even if the dirt etc.
hadn't ruined the camera. I suppose if you get harassed frequently
that wouldn't be a problem. For that matter, it probably doesn't
really need to work, except the flash. If people think you've just
taken their picture, they'll likely behave for a while.

--
Ray Heindl
(remove the X to reply)
Old August 25th 03, 01:41 AM
Jeff

"TomP" wrote in message
A disposable camera couldn't hurt either.

I carried one of those in my handlebar bag during a weekend tour a
few years ago. I had to bunnyhop an obstacle at speed (about
35mph) and the camera flew out of the bag, hit the pavement, then
slid about 40 feet before exiting into the ditch. I retrieved it
and other than a few scratches, it survived quite well. The
pictures even turned out nice!

How long do people carry the same camera around? I would think that a
year or two in a saddle bag would ruin the film, even if the dirt etc.
hadn't ruined the camera. I suppose if you get harassed frequently
that wouldn't be a problem. For that matter, it probably doesn't
really need to work, except the flash. If people think you've just
taken their picture, they'll likely behave for a while.

Or it might just set off a real whacko. Probably better to catch the
licence plate and place a formal complaint at the local cop shop. Actually,
I'd be surprised if I could get the camera out and take a picture before the
car was out of range.