2000 Bianchi Veloce (new): What is the going price now? - Help

Old August 27th 03, 03:50 AM
John Koutsoupis

Default 2000 Bianchi Veloce (new): What is the going price now? - Help

I think the new veloce's are not steel ---the 2000 veloce is a steal
frame

"Bryan O. Fenstermacher" wrote in message
. com...
As far as I can tell the bike is completely like the kit it would have had
originally, complete with celeste colored Look clipless pedals.

Actually as far as I can tell the only read difference between this 2000
model and the newer ones is the newer ones have the newer threadless fork
design. For 2003 I think Bianchi went to the sloped top tube design

(which
I'm not completely cool with visually).

-Bryan

"Timothy J. Lee" wrote in message
In article ,
Bryan O. Fenstermacher wrote:
My concern is that he would sell a 2002 Veloce for about $1250, and was
selling a Celeste colored 2001 for $900. So I thought $1099 seemed a

bit
high for a 2000 model Veloce, just because it had a different paint job
(which didn't cost any more to buy, but I agree is worth more money

than
the
normal Celeste colored models).

Do check to see if there are differences in the bicycles other than
the color. Sometimes, bicycle companies will move a given model up
or down market by changing frames or components.

Timothy J. Lee

Old August 27th 03, 03:51 AM
John Koutsoupis

just so you know -- I have that bike -- and I love it -- I have nothing bad
to say about it --- I have about 2000 miles on it -- just started riding it
three months ago

"Bryan O. Fenstermacher" wrote in message
. com...
All,

My local bike shop has a 2000 Bianchi Veloce, which is brand new. The
manager of the LBS found it at a Bianchi warehouse where it was just
sitting, never ridden. The bike has the red/yellow paint job* which looks
really beautiful and seems to be all original spec. as far as I can tell.
It has the complete Campy Veloce component package with a Daytona front
derailleur, Mavic CXP rims, Vittoria tires, Celeste colored Look 206
clipless pedals and the Bianchi Carbon fork.

The owner wants $1099 for the bike (came down to that price from almost
$1200, and he had it stickered at the original list price of $1449). He
says that the paint job makes it more valuable than a normal celeste

colored
Bianchi, which I agree with him on (check link to pic at bottom of page).
But the price still seems way high considering that the bike is a 2000

model
and the 2003 are arriving in stores now. I've also seen the 2002 Veloce's
selling on eBay for around $900 (and that's from other bike stores

clearing
out inventory, not private sellers), and some selling much cheaper than
that.

What would be a fair price for the bike? Any advice would be great... I
want to buy the bike (I love the look of it), but would like to bring the
price down. It's hard knowing that I'm paying a higher price just because
of the paint job.

Any advice is appreciated...

Thanks,
Bryan

*2000 Bianchi Veloce in Red/Yellow (found image a eOpinions):
http://64.95.118.51/images/opti/2f/1...resized200.jpg

Old August 27th 03, 11:49 AM
Jkpoulos7

The owner wants $1099 for the bike (came down to that price from almost
$1200, and he had it stickered at the original list price of $1449).

The '03 Veloce had a list of $1499. Who would pay that for a bike already 3
years old? Check the specs - sometimes companies give better spec through the
years and sometimes they get worse. I'd only pay $800 or so for that bike.

He
says that the paint job makes it more valuable than a normal celeste

colored
Bianchi, which I agree with him on

Of course he says it he wants a sucker to buy it .

But the price still seems way high considering that the bike is a 2000
model
and the 2003 are arriving in stores now.

You're right!!!

want to buy the bike (I love the look of it), but would like to bring the
price down. It's hard knowing that I'm paying a higher price just because
of the paint job.

Offer the guy what you want to pay. If you like the bike you'll be happy. If he
doesn't take it get a newer model.