Home Improvements - For Bikes!?

Old August 25th 03, 12:30 AM
hippy

Default Home Improvements - For Bikes!?

"DJ" wrote in message
Hey Hippy...is this your unit you are living in? I'd hate to think it

was
my unit i am renting out!! after the carpet is completely stuffed,

i'm
putting in plastic grass hehehehe

My parents own it and I "maintain" it
The carpet was trashed when they bought it and I insisted
that it not be changed because I knew it would get trashed.
Astro-turf.. hmm, that'd be cool, something different. But
then, without carpet, what do I clean my chain and sprockets
on? ;-)

hippy

Old August 25th 03, 02:54 AM
Deep Flayed Mares

hippy wrote in message
"Deep Flayed Mares" wrote in
message news:eTx1b.1524
One recently sold for about $900,000 in North Melbourne, near Errol

St. It
had a huge open space about 40 metres by 50 metres. I had a few mates

living
in it, and they would ride trikes around from one side to the other.

Winter
was obviously a bitch there.
That place would have been my dream home if I could have gotten my

hands on
it. Now it's gonna be turned into yuppy townhouses, dammit.

I'll go you halvies in the next one that comes up for sale.. before
those
damn yuppies get hold of it!
I'm thinking of not having any heating and just having a few bikes
ready to ride around "the track". Get cold - ride a few laps! :-)

The way they dealt with the cold was to construct bedrooms out of cheap
pine, mattresses, and any other material they could find, and heat them with
small electric heaters. The 'lounge' room was much the same, with a few
sheets acting as a door. This was located across the other side from the
kitchen, and so one of the rickshaw trikes had a tray for carrying
everything from one side to the other. The rickshaw tray was then used for
the loungeroom table.

The whole place ended up filled with bikes, motorbikes, bands, band
equipment, and maladjusted artists that covered the walls in psychodelic
scrawls. Also, they had an old mechanical pokie machine near the front door
that took 10 cent pieces. This was a great novelty for anyone new that came
into the place, and they just had to pump all their coins into it. The
profits from this went a long way toward paying for the electricity bill
(large). A good system!

Pity the landlord's hip pocket was more important than the functional
commune that had emerged.
---
DFM

Old August 25th 03, 03:02 AM
James Messick

"hippy" wrote in message
I was thinking right? (yes, THAT's what that noise was!)
With all that home improvement rubbish on TV, what
would cyclists do if they had to design a house, given
unlimited funds?

As far as cycling goes, a nice place to store and work on them, a wash
station, and 40 acres of private single-track and nice road riding from the
front door.