Cycling to work banned

Old January 27th 04, 09:15 AM
Tony Raven

Default Cycling to work banned

Louise Bremner wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:

pmailkeey wrote:

It would really encourage employers to
recruit within a cyclable dictionary !

?!

Maybe the result of an unsupervised spell-check?

Cue Sheldon "Something for every cycling occassion" Brown and
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/humor.html#checker

Tony

Old January 27th 04, 11:22 PM
RK

"Ryan Ginstrom" wrote in message ...
"James Annan" wrote in message
Well, it hasn't been yet. But it has been threatened.

Interesting situation.

If the person has the power to send you packing, and you really want to
stay, then I'd suck it up and pony up for some mama charis.

If he's just all talk, I'd continue to tell him to **** off. But just be
polite about it (I'll talk it over with my wife, I need to consider my
finances, ad infinitum)

This is almost good advice. Never say no, say manana. "We are
striving to correct the situation..." "Looking of suitable single
bikes....", "Yes thank you, we are doingour best to comply..."
Old January 30th 04, 05:54 PM
Rafael Caetano

"Tony Raven" wrote in message ...
Michael Cash wrote:

I don't give a **** if the expression has been adopted into Japanese
culture or not. Based on personal empirical observations over the
course of three visits to Japan, I'm telling you that I have seen more
squeaky wheels greased than I have seen protruding nails hammered
down.

Ah the instant expert

Thanks for the link, but the day I need the observations of some
pointy-headed academic warming a chair at the international studies
department of some jerkwater US university in order to form an opinion
about whether the squeaky wheel getting the grease metaphor has
supplanted the nail being hammered down metaphor I'll just pack up my
carpetbag and be moving along.

Since you've already made your mind up it I'll leave you to your quaint views.
Good luck with whatever business you are doing there.

He hammers down protruding bikers.

Rafael Caetano