Chain question - master link

Old August 3rd 05, 06:24 PM
Roser

Default Chain question - master link

Hello

I wrote here a few weeks back explaining of a rear derailleur failure to my
Colnago Asso. After waiting for the proper derailleur hanger, my bike is
finally back to good health and on the road with an entirely new
drivetrain - RD, cassette, front rings(2), and chain.

My question stems from the new chain. My old chain was a CN-HG92 and I had
installed a master link for quick removal and cleaning. My new chain is a
CN-7701, the DuraAce version, and I was wondering if installing a master
link on this chain is OK? The reason I ask is that on the DA chain, the
connecting pins are different than on my prior chain and would the removal
and install of the link be the same?

Thanks for any advice,
Joel

Old August 5th 05, 07:07 AM
Hank Wirtz

Alex Rodriguez wrote in
:

Not a problem. Use the master link.
------------
Alex

On that note, can anybody recommend a make/model of masterlink for a Campy
C9 chain?
Old August 5th 05, 01:51 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Hank Wirtz wrote:
Alex Rodriguez wrote in
:

Not a problem. Use the master link.
Alex

On that note, can anybody recommend a make/model of masterlink for a Campy
C9 chain?

Sram gold 9s link.

Colnago Master Piu question... KJB Techniques 0 January 7th 05 11:43 PM
Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
chain question Boatman General 7 September 10th 04 04:55 AM
Flip chain: double life Wayne Pein Techniques 92 March 17th 04 03:15 AM
newbie bike question - how to tell if bike chain is worn too much Stephen Australia 7 November 28th 03 01:14 AM