Trials

Old March 1st 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
francisco

Default Trials

bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe wrote:
Not to offend or ay anyones bad but theres smooth trials and then
theres trials. Probally less than 10% of the unicycling comunity can
clean a crazy line, do it somooth and get honest comments. Most people
ride trials for a feeling of accomplishment and could care less what
people think about there style. hops. So I ride street were you don't
need em.

trials is not about style. it`s about (as you said yourself) cleaning a
line. the setup hops are bad not because they take the style off the
ride... they are bad because without them you can clean a line faster.

--
francisco

###UNICYLE FOR JAH RASTAFARI###

BH PIRATA MONOCREW
francisco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11493

Old March 1st 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

If you are on a unicycle it is unicycling, no matter what you are
doing.

I respect all forms of unicycling. But the forms I enjoy the most are
muni, trials, street, in that order. Trials is just clearing a line,
but if you make the line smoother it's more fun to watch. Because the
general public doesn't know what tricks are hard or easy trials is more
impressive to them. But doing any trick off a stair set is of course
going to look more impressive to them than w/o. And yes I think
jumping a stair set is trials esp. if the landing or take off area is
limitted.

Street is a combination of trials and freestyle, you must have a degree
of ability in both to do street. I like it when trials riders put a
little street into their line where it wasn't nessesary, it adds a bit
of personality.

A great line IMO? Ride along a single track trail w/ a muni, do a
trick onto an obstacle in the trail, and another trick off.

--
skilewis74

Old March 2nd 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ricky W

I think trials but when I ride I like to throw in some street tricks and
stuff.

--
Ricky W

_Lucky_8_unicyclist_
Unicycle for Christ
Unicycling is: a sport, a passion, a freedom, a lifestyle, and
a whole lot more
My unicyclist.com names:Lucky_8 and Ricky W
My myspace name:Lucky_8_unicyclist
Ricky W's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12663