Adjunct to scarves and their various utilities in cycling

Old July 16th 11, 06:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Adjunct to scarves and their various utilities in cycling

I have previously mentioned scarves and cycling and someone posted
something about newspapers and their role in the Tour de France

I noticed that in stage 13, there were quite a few cyclists who shoved
newspapers up their jerseys/tops just as they crested the big col.
Indeed, there were quite a few bystanders(?) who were standing by to
hand out wads of newsprint, as well!

I did see a AG2R(?) rider do the same in the stage before(?) so, maybe,
the tradition continues
Old July 16th 11, 12:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Gettamulla Tupya[_2_]

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 15:39:57 +1000, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

I have previously mentioned scarves and cycling and someone posted
something about newspapers and their role in the Tour de France

I noticed that in stage 13, there were quite a few cyclists who shoved
newspapers up their jerseys/tops just as they crested the big col.
Indeed, there were quite a few bystanders(?) who were standing by to
hand out wads of newsprint, as well!

One never knows if the next Le Dunnee has any paper in it, I suppose. ;-)

Old July 18th 11, 09:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers[_2_]

"Geoff Lock" wrote

I have previously mentioned scarves and cycling and someone posted
something about newspapers and their role in the Tour de France

I noticed that in stage 13, there were quite a few cyclists who
shoved newspapers up their jerseys/tops just as they crested the big
col. Indeed, there were quite a few bystanders(?) who were standing
by to hand out wads of newsprint, as well!

I did see a AG2R(?) rider do the same in the stage before(?) so,
maybe, the tradition continues

As I believe I told you earlier, this tradition has not only never
stopped but newspaper makes an excellent windbreak to stop the rider's
torso cooling down too rapidly when descending after a strenuous
climb.

Theo

Old July 18th 11, 09:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
tomasso

"Theo Bekkers" wrote in message
ond.com...
"Geoff Lock" wrote

I have previously mentioned scarves and cycling and someone posted something about
newspapers and their role in the Tour de France

I noticed that in stage 13, there were quite a few cyclists who shoved newspapers up
their jerseys/tops just as they crested the big col. Indeed, there were quite a few
bystanders(?) who were standing by to hand out wads of newsprint, as well!

I did see a AG2R(?) rider do the same in the stage before(?) so, maybe, the tradition
continues

As I believe I told you earlier, this tradition has not only never stopped but newspaper
makes an excellent windbreak to stop the rider's torso cooling down too rapidly when
descending after a strenuous climb.

Thanks Theo,

Newspapers are also good above a groundsheet.

We newspaper aren't! I speak from experience...

Tomasso.

Old July 18th 11, 09:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
tomasso

"tomasso" wrote in message
. au...

[...]

But don't let the Daily Telegraph or Herald Sun near your mobile phone. :-)