Near Miss of the Day 595: Classic traffic island Must Get In Frontdriver then left-hooks cyclist

Old June 13th 21, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Near Miss of the Day 595: Classic traffic island Must Get In Frontdriver then left-hooks cyclist

Another case today in our Near Miss of the Day of a driver who simply had to get in front of a cyclist deciding to do so at a pinch point due to a pedestrian island - and in the process, making an extremely close pass on the cyclist, and then turned left immediately afterwards.

It happened on Upper Bristol Road in Bath to road.cc reader - one of whose videos we featured earlier this week - who told us he had reported it to Avon & Somerset Police.

"No doubt a warning letter will be sent (that seems to be the default action now)," he said.

"The last one I sent had a 'positive outcome' from them (letter, points or prosecution)," he added.

https://road.cc/content/news/near-mi...-driver-284035