Regarding recumbents

Old November 19th 04, 06:09 PM
Another group member

Default Regarding recumbents

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,
John.

--

http://www.pbase.com/john28july

Old November 19th 04, 06:12 PM
JohnB

Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.

What did you buy and why didn't it work?
It must have been *very* unsuitable if you ended up in hosp.

I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.

John B
Old November 19th 04, 06:30 PM
Andy Leighton

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:12:37 +0000, JohnB wrote:
Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.

What did you buy and why didn't it work?
It must have been *very* unsuitable if you ended up in hosp.

Also where did you buy it from? Some places might have arranged to hire
you one for a day to see if you got on with it if you had explained the
situation.

--
Andy Leighton =
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_
Old November 20th 04, 12:23 AM
James Annan

Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,

I'm wondering if you have ever met Andy Horton.

I was lucky with my slipped disk - cycling seemed to ease the pain, and
it slowly started to recover of its own accord just as soon as the
doctor started talking about operations....stretching ("7 steps to a
pain-free life") was useful habit for me. Bottom-posting is also a
useful habit.

James
by treading on the toes of giants.
Old November 20th 04, 01:47 AM
Clive George

"James Annan" wrote in message
Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I

did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up

in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,

I'm wondering if you have ever met Andy Horton.

chortle!

cheers,
clive

Old November 20th 04, 03:39 AM
Helen Deborah Vecht

James Annan typed

Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,

I'm wondering if you have ever met Andy Horton.

I was lucky with my slipped disk - cycling seemed to ease the pain, and
it slowly started to recover of its own accord just as soon as the
doctor started talking about operations....stretching ("7 steps to a
pain-free life") was useful habit for me. Bottom-posting is also a
useful habit.

Yebbut spinal stenosis gets worse with time. It's a right bu**er to
diagnose, rare, amenable to *major* surgery, a right PITA so to speak.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old November 20th 04, 09:40 AM
Another group member

http://www.pbase.com/john28july

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
James Annan typed

Another group member wrote:

[...]

At least someone understands the particular problem.Thank you.
Best regards,
John

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old November 20th 04, 09:48 AM
[Not Responding]

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:23:54 +0900, James Annan
wrote:

Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,

I'm wondering if you have ever met Andy Horton.

Is ucuk still up and running? Does AH still post or did his luck
finally run out?
Old November 20th 04, 11:29 AM
Toby Sleigh

wrote:

Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I
did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up
in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,

I'm wondering if you have ever met Andy Horton.

Is ucuk still up and running?

Yes
Does AH still post
Yes
or did his luck
finally run out?

five serious at last count.
But give the guy credit he makes Shoreham sound so exciting.

Toby

Recumbents & Speed? [email protected] Racing 105 July 7th 04 12:43 AM
Recumbant cycle davebee UK 71 February 5th 04 11:37 PM
Thoughts on upcoming new Sun recumbents? Lars S. Mulford Recumbent Biking 6 December 6th 03 08:57 AM
Counterpunching and Recumbents Gary Mc Recumbent Biking 6 July 24th 03 01:31 AM
Taiwanese recumbents Randy Schulman Recumbent Biking 42 July 4th 03 12:40 PM