Phone rings through Hands Free earphone

Old March 9th 14, 06:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Phone rings through Hands Free earphone

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 18:59:55 -0800 (PST), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Friday, March 7, 2014 8:57:49 AM UTC-5, John B. wrote:

Are there any versions of Android, or any add on Apps, that allow the
phone to ring through the hands-free ear piece?

I went to the Google Play Store and searched on "bluetooth earpiece ringer" and
got lots of hits, for example
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d... .manager.demo

to listen to ringtone of headset only.(Samsung, LG, HTC, etc.)

While wearing the headset, it blocks ringtone of speaker only." etc.

(OK, I actually searched on "bluetoogh earpiece ringer" but it seemed to work.
Blasted new keyboard...)

- Frank Krygowski

I downloaded and installed the App. Unfortunately (for a cheap bloke
like me) you really need to buy the App as the "lite" version has a
very anemic ring sound that cannot be changed.

It has another idiosyncrasy too. When you actuate it turns down the
ring sound level of the parent telephone and when de-actuate it does
not reinstate the original sound level so unless you manually adjust
the sound level each time you use the App you'll probably miss some
calls :-)

But, it is a good idea. (I might even spend the money to buy it :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old March 9th 14, 06:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 08:36:35 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 3/8/2014 5:25 AM, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:43:10 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

Try sewing a phone pocket to the front of your jersey.

Put it well up on the shoulder, and close it with a safety pin.

Geeze Joy, Road cyclist. Trying for that flat back position. Big
pocket onna front of the shirt. I'm gonna look like my bra strap
broke.
:-)

Fashion is ever changing.
Some guys carry that look well:
http://drhardie2003.files.wordpress....2/p1010340.jpg

I've been reading about the various court cases involving same "sex
marriage" (we don't have that here :-) and it looks as though perhaps
the "new" look might just one inna front :-)

As an aside, I've always wondered if same sex marriages are about the
love of one's life; or filing a joint tax return :-?
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old March 9th 14, 06:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 17:45:54 +0100, Martin Borsje
wrote:

John B. explained on 07.03.14 :
I do four hours and up, on my "Sunday Ride" and carry my phone in a
rear jersey pocket and find that I can seldom hear the phone ring
while I'm moving.

I tried plugging in a "hands-free" and wearing that during the ride
but that proved valueless as I than had an ear phone in my ear but the
phone ringing in my back pocket :-(

Are there any versions of Android, or any add on Apps, that allow the
phone to ring through the hands-free ear piece?

Get a life!

If you pause check if somebody called you more than twice and call
back.

If not it can wait.

Gee, you must be the Man from the NSA who monitors private
telephones... seeing as you know whether I can wait to answer my
telephone calls.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old March 9th 14, 12:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 08:33:39 -0800 (PST), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 6:25:39 AM UTC-5, John B. wrote:

I put the phone in a baggy to protect it from sweat and rain and
usually in the same pocket I have a bit of cash and the house key. But
the vibes never seem to get through to me :-)

Apparently, just as many people have the opposite problem: feeling the vibes
when the vibes are not there!

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/m...208-1rc21.html

http://paradelle.wordpress.com/2012/...om-vibrations/

- Frank Krygowski

Reading too many Chinese bicycle light sales stories will make you
kind of shaky too, particularly the ones with all the photographers.
Them strobes will fair make you dizzy.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old March 9th 14, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
slide[_4_]

On 3/9/2014 6:11 AM, John B. wrote:

Reading too many Chinese bicycle light sales stories will make you
kind of shaky too, particularly the ones with all the photographers.
Them strobes will fair make you dizzy.

Since this is to benefit your wife, ask her to sew a pocket in your
jersey nearer your ear so you can hear the thing going off.

Alternatively, if you use a foam beanie, use an one of those phone
carriers which would strap around your upper arm but have the attachment
point the vents in your hat.
Old March 10th 14, 12:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

he's deef...

Old March 10th 14, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 12:36:38 -0600, slide wrote:

On 3/9/2014 6:11 AM, John B. wrote:

Reading too many Chinese bicycle light sales stories will make you
kind of shaky too, particularly the ones with all the photographers.
Them strobes will fair make you dizzy.

Since this is to benefit your wife, ask her to sew a pocket in your
jersey nearer your ear so you can hear the thing going off.

Alternatively, if you use a foam beanie, use an one of those phone
carriers which would strap around your upper arm but have the attachment
point the vents in your hat.

Another alternative is, of course, getting a hands-free or bluetooth
ear bud that WILL ring.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old March 10th 14, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 18:25:39 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I'm gonna look like my bra strap
broke.

I told you to put it higher than that.

You could try centering the pocket and making it of lame' (acute
accent on the "e") -- then you would look as though you were wearing
bling.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old March 10th 14, 10:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On 3/9/2014 6:11 AM, John B. wrote:

Reading too many Chinese bicycle light sales stories will make you
kind of shaky too, particularly the ones with all the photographers.
Them strobes will fair make you dizzy.

Since this is to benefit your wife, ask her to sew a pocket in your
jersey nearer your ear so you can hear the thing going off.

Alternatively, if you use a foam beanie, use an one of those phone
carriers which would strap around your upper arm but have the attachment
point the vents in your hat.

Another alternative is, of course, getting a hands-free or bluetooth
ear bud that WILL ring.

I came across an App called "SoundAround", on Google Play, that,
essentially, sends sounds to the hands-free so that when the phone
rings the head set rings as well as the phone itself.

Perhaps not the most elegant solution but it does ensure that I will
hear the phone when it rings... and free too :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.