Vegan Triathlete Blog

Old December 14th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Vegan Triathlete

Default Vegan Triathlete Blog

Vegan Triathlete Blog

I just decided to become a triathlete. It's going to be a little while
before my first triathlon (and hopefully a very long time until my last
one), and I plan on blogging about it the whole time. Check out the
blog that I just launched today:

http://vegantriathlete.info

What do you think? Are you going to read it?

I've also added some forums to bring the triathlon community together.
Check them out too:

http://forums.vegantriathlete.info

P.S. I'm a vegan, that's the reason for the domain name.

Old December 14th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Donga

Vegan Triathlete wrote:

What do you think? Are you going to read it?

No, I have no interest in veganism or triathleteism. Good luck with
that.

Donga

Old December 14th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Vegan Triathlete wrote:
Vegan Triathlete Blog

I just decided to become a triathlete. It's going to be a little while
before my first triathlon (and hopefully a very long time until my last
one), and I plan on blogging about it the whole time. Check out the
blog that I just launched today:

http://vegantriathlete.info

What do you think? Are you going to read it?

I've also added some forums to bring the triathlon community together.
Check them out too:

http://forums.vegantriathlete.info

P.S. I'm a vegan, that's the reason for the domain name.

good luck..I have known a few racers that have tried to eat nothing
with a face...tough to do...

Old December 14th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bruce Jackson

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Vegan Triathlete wrote:
P.S. I'm a vegan, that's the reason for the domain name.

good luck..I have known a few racers that have tried to eat nothing
with a face...tough to do...

Didn't stop Dave Scott winning the Ironman 6 times.

Old December 14th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan Burkhart

Vegan Triathlete Wrote:
Vegan Triathlete Blog

I just decided to become a triathlete. It's going to be a little while
before my first triathlon (and hopefully a very long time until my
last
one), and I plan on blogging about it the whole time. Check out the
blog that I just launched today:

http://vegantriathlete.info

What do you think? Are you going to read it?

I've also added some forums to bring the triathlon community together.
Check them out too:

http://forums.vegantriathlete.info

P.S. I'm a vegan, that's the reason for the domain name.

Vegetarian. A word from some obscure language meaning "lousy hunter."

--
Dan Burkhart

Old December 15th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Donga

Dan Burkhart wrote:

Vegetarian. A word from some obscure language meaning "lousy hunter."

Hehe. Does the same dictionary define triathlete?

Donga

Old December 15th 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Vegan Triathlete wrote:
P.S. I'm a vegan, that's the reason for the domain name.

good luck..I have known a few racers that have tried to eat nothing
with a face...tough to do...

Didn't stop Dave Scott winning the Ironman 6 times.

Ya think genetics 'may' have had something to do with it?

Old December 15th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Vegan Triathlete wrote:
P.S. I'm a vegan, that's the reason for the domain name.

good luck..I have known a few racers that have tried to eat nothing
with a face...tough to do...

Didn't stop Dave Scott winning the Ironman 6 times.

Ya think genetics 'may' have had something to do with it?

My point is that Dave did well in spite of being a weed eater, not
because of it(BTW-I work on his bike all the time).

BUT good luck....

Old December 15th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bruce Jackson

Vegan Triathlete wrote:
P.S. I'm a vegan, that's the reason for the domain name.

good luck..I have known a few racers that have tried to eat nothing
with a face...tough to do...

Didn't stop Dave Scott winning the Ironman 6 times.

Ya think genetics 'may' have had something to do with it?

I think genetics played a big factor in his victories. I still contend
that the Ironman championship is so grewling that even with great genes
if he was competing with a handicap that there is no way he could have
won it 6 times. I don't think he was handicaped by his vegetarianism.

I was a vegetarian when I raced (still am actually) and while my
achievements pale in comparision to Mr. Scotts I never found it "tough
to do."

Old December 15th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Vegan Triathlete wrote:
P.S. I'm a vegan, that's the reason for the domain name.

good luck..I have known a few racers that have tried to eat nothing
with a face...tough to do...

Didn't stop Dave Scott winning the Ironman 6 times.

Ya think genetics 'may' have had something to do with it?

I think genetics played a big factor in his victories. I still contend
that the Ironman championship is so grewling that even with great genes
if he was competing with a handicap that there is no way he could have
won it 6 times. I don't think he was handicaped by his vegetarianism.

I was a vegetarian when I raced (still am actually) and while my
achievements pale in comparision to Mr. Scotts I never found it "tough
to do."

Speaking to a couple of pro bike racers, the two tried to race and be
vegan and just couldn't do it.Maybe they didn't have a proper diet but
tired, sick, most of the time until they started eating things with a
face...