Local bungling burglar gets caught with pants down

Old September 20th 11, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Local bungling burglar gets caught with pants down

I was only cycling past there this afternoon.
QUOTE:
A BUNGLING burglar was trapped on a roof in his underwear after attempting
to break into a Hull bike shop. The manager of Cliff Pratt Cycles in Spring
Bank, city centre, found the man in the store's workshop at 8.20am
yesterday.

When he was spotted, the would-be thief tried to escape through a hole he
had made in the roof. But his jeans got snagged and were left behind. He was
unable to get down from the roof and had to be helped by firefighters.

The manager of the bike store, who did not wish to be named, said: "Our
alarm went off just before I got there and I saw him standing on a bench in
the workshop. I decided the best thing was to try to detain him, but I still
managed to call 999 in the process.

"I could see a hole he had made and come through in the ceiling. There was a
bit of a comedy tussle when he tried to escape back through the ceiling.
Then he gave me a few kicks to the head, so I backed off.

"When he tried to escape, his jeans came off so he ended up being trapped on
the roof in his boxer shorts. When the police came, I had his jeans and I
also had his mobile phone he had dropped.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

--
Simon Mason

Old October 3rd 11, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Sep 20, 4:25*pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

QUOTE:
A BUNGLING burglar was trapped on a roof in his underwear after attempting
to break into a Hull bike shop. The manager of Cliff Pratt Cycles in Spring
Bank, city centre, found the man in the store's workshop at 8.20am
yesterday.

I was talking with the shop's owner today and we had a laugh about
this incident.
I got a Campag Veloce cassette to go with the new chain I got the
other day.
The drive train no longer skips, so we are back to the full complement
of working bikes now.

--
Simon Mason

Local left hook copper caught on compo cam. Simon Mason[_4_] UK 49 July 11th 11 03:09 PM
More bungling coppers. Simon Mason UK 51 July 8th 11 10:02 AM
What every local councillor, or prospective local councillor, should be asked Tom Crispin UK 7 March 31st 10 05:58 PM
POL: local libertarians are upset that a local bike path has a speedlimit landotter Techniques 12 September 1st 09 03:41 AM
Further council farcility bungling David Nutter UK 4 July 17th 06 10:13 AM