Burley Django chainstay configuration

Old July 27th 05, 04:16 PM
enrique

Default Burley Django chainstay configuration

I had to take off a wheel to transport my Django, and now I'm not
certain that I've put it back on correctly. I'm inexperienced with
bikes, and after much trial-and-error I was able to figure out the
chain assmebly. I've been able to ride the bicycle some within my
little neighborhood so far, so nothing seems obviously wrong. What has
my attention is how the chain is situated on the chainstay. This part
has two grooves, but both sides of the chain are on opposite sides of
the same groove, leaving the other unused. Is this right?

Old July 28th 05, 02:33 AM
John Knez

enrique wrote:
I had to take off a wheel to transport my Django, and now I'm not
certain that I've put it back on correctly. I'm inexperienced with
bikes, and after much trial-and-error I was able to figure out the
chain assmebly. I've been able to ride the bicycle some within my
little neighborhood so far, so nothing seems obviously wrong. What has
my attention is how the chain is situated on the chainstay. This part
has two grooves, but both sides of the chain are on opposite sides of
the same groove, leaving the other unused. Is this right?

The chains should each be in their own groove. The chain coming from
the rear gear cluster should be in the inside groove and go under the
groove. The chain coming from the chain ring should go in the outside
groove and go over the top of the groove.

---
John Knez