Araya Bicycle

Old April 30th 15, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

Default Araya Bicycle

Is anyone familiar with ARAYA bikes. I believe that they are a
Japanese made bike and the company seems to have been in business for
a long time and I've read references to them making high quality rims.

I've seen a few in shops here and they seem to be lugged steel frames
and many I've seen have cantilever brakes.

I'm considering replacing one of my bikes which apparently dates from
the 1980's as it originally was equipped with Dura-Ace 600 - 6 speed
components and am rather inclined toward another steel frame.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 30th 15, 01:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 30/04/2015 12:15 AM, John B. wrote:

Is anyone familiar with ARAYA bikes. I believe that they are a
Japanese made bike and the company seems to have been in business for
a long time and I've read references to them making high quality rims.

I've seen a few in shops here and they seem to be lugged steel frames
and many I've seen have cantilever brakes.

I'm considering replacing one of my bikes which apparently dates from
the 1980's as it originally was equipped with Dura-Ace 600 - 6 speed
components and am rather inclined toward another steel frame.
--
cheers,

John B.

I'm not familiar with their bikes but I have a set of their wheels on my
Bianchi. Never had a spoke break in 20 years. Stayed true very well
also. Of course the 36 spoke config probably helps. The Bianchi is
lugged Cro-Moly frame. One of my favorite looks.
Old April 30th 15, 02:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

My Raleigh was on Araya steel rims...easy retrue. Gone to the smelter replaced with double wall Sunrims.

what's the local cost on a road going Araya ?

Old April 30th 15, 02:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

return of the Wheelmen

https://www.google.com/search?site=i...03.1WozPQMCPc0

Old April 30th 15, 03:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 4/29/2015 11:15 PM, John B. wrote:

Is anyone familiar with ARAYA bikes. I believe that they are a
Japanese made bike and the company seems to have been in business for
a long time and I've read references to them making high quality rims.

I've seen a few in shops here and they seem to be lugged steel frames
and many I've seen have cantilever brakes.

I'm considering replacing one of my bikes which apparently dates from
the 1980's as it originally was equipped with Dura-Ace 600 - 6 speed
components and am rather inclined toward another steel frame.
--
cheers,

John B.

That's Howie Cohen but you can't ask him now:
http://www.howiebikeman.com/

I see the archive site has been disabled.

short answer= Good quality midprice Japanese bicycles.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 30th 15, 06:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

COHEN = ARAYA ?

https://www.google.com/search?site=i...65.azSgg0OMGwo

uh like THISOL JUNK ? dry n cold guarded by big brown spiders