A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Our right wingers are not quite Nazis

Old November 29th 16, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Our right wingers are not quite Nazis

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 3:18:11 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 8:37:43 PM UTC, Duane wrote:
On 28/11/2016 1:33 PM, wrote to Jay Beattie:
As for your comments about blacks being somehow treated more harshly by the justice system I wonder why you haven't simply gone and sat in a few courtrooms and discovered that it is so much more different than that. While I have only been in California courts what I have seen is VERY few blacks are tried. That is because they are far more willing to negotiate punishments. What that implies is overwhelming evidence.

You know that you're telling a lawyer that he should go sit in a
courtroom right?

Jay may or may not be a trial lawyer, but the vast majority of American attorneys I know have not seen the inside of a courtroom since they were admitted to the Bar. They're money lawyers, dealmakers, assemblers of block text into contracts, drafters of carefully obtuse texts. I doubt they would even comprehend the patois of the criminal classes apprehended only blocks from their offices and homes, in Manhattan for instance.

Andre Jute
Keen observer of a bizarre society

I live right in the middle of daily murders. That concussion I had that blanked my memory for a year and a half got me into trouble. I was supposed to appear in court for a drunk driving charge and never showed up since I had no short term memory. As SOON as I regained my senses I went to the police station and asked if there were any warrants out on me since I could have been in any sort of trouble during that time having totaled four cars. I was told "no".

Later I had a run-in with the cops. I saved a girl from forcible rape and had her in my own home. I called the police. The moronic police system is to have a dispatcher - a TELEPHONE OPERATOR - assign police calls. This one apparently didn't understand the words of the young woman and when the cop showed up he rang the bell and then hid. I didn't see anyone on the porch and the woman having been threatened I took out a gun and looked around the whole house. Finally in the last window I saw his leg and recognized it as a cop. I opened the door and signaled for him to come in. He saw the gun which was in a holster and being held by the barrel and went nuts. I put the gun away and went out and he shoved his pistol in my face and said that if I didn't lay face down on my lawn (which was wet) he would blow my brains out. In any case after that was cleared up with me not suing the city into bankruptcy I was told in passing that I had a felony warrant out for me that turned out to be because I missed a hearing. This was EVENTUALLY cleared up since I was severely handicapped at the time but I spent a lot of time sitting in criminal felony courts and listening to almost unbelievable things. It looked like the worse the crimes the less punishment people were given. And not "relatively" but actual time. Illegal aliens with attempted murder charges and long rap sheets were NOT ordered deported after serving their time. Gangs having shoot-outs near schools were treated as juvenile offenders to be released at 18 when most of them were nearing that birthday. Someone who hadn't paid a dozen parking tickets was given six months in jail.

When I served on a jury the pedophile was given 60 days to be served one day per week. And with good behavior that would be 30 weeks.

You tell me what the hell is going on.
Ads
Old November 29th 16, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 9:28:35 AM UTC-8, wrote:
As for your comments about blacks being somehow treated more harshly by the justice system I wonder why you haven't simply gone and sat in a few courtrooms and discovered that it is so much more different than that. While I have only been in California courts what I have seen is VERY few blacks are tried. That is because they are far more willing to negotiate punishments. What that implies is overwhelming evidence.

courtroom right?

Jay may or may not be a trial lawyer, but the vast majority of American attorneys I know have not seen the inside of a courtroom since they were admitted to the Bar. They're money lawyers, dealmakers, assemblers of block text into contracts, drafters of carefully obtuse texts. I doubt they would even comprehend the patois of the criminal classes apprehended only blocks from their offices and homes, in Manhattan for instance.

Andre Jute

I live right in the middle of daily murders. That concussion I had that blanked my memory for a year and a half got me into trouble. I was supposed to appear in court for a drunk driving charge and never showed up since I had no short term memory. As SOON as I regained my senses I went to the police station and asked if there were any warrants out on me since I could have been in any sort of trouble during that time having totaled four cars. I was told "no".

Later I had a run-in with the cops. I saved a girl from forcible rape and had her in my own home. I called the police. The moronic police system is to have a dispatcher - a TELEPHONE OPERATOR - assign police calls. This one apparently didn't understand the words of the young woman and when the cop showed up he rang the bell and then hid. I didn't see anyone on the porch and the woman having been threatened I took out a gun and looked around the whole house. Finally in the last window I saw his leg and recognized it as a cop. I opened the door and signaled for him to come in. He saw the gun which was in a holster and being held by the barrel and went nuts. I put the gun away and went out and he shoved his pistol in my face and said that if I didn't lay face down on my lawn (which was wet) he would blow my brains out. In any case after that was cleared up with me not suing the city into bankruptcy I was told in passing that I had a felony warrant out for me that turned out to be because I missed a hearing. This was EVENTUALLY cleared up since I was severely handicapped at the time but I spent a lot of time sitting in criminal felony courts and listening to almost unbelievable things. It looked like the worse the crimes the less punishment people were given. And not "relatively" but actual time. Illegal aliens with attempted murder charges and long rap sheets were NOT ordered deported after serving their time. Gangs having shoot-outs near schools were treated as juvenile offenders to be released at 18 when most of them were nearing that birthday. Someone who hadn't paid a dozen parking tickets was given six months in jail.

When I served on a jury the pedophile was given 60 days to be served one day per week. And with good behavior that would be 30 weeks.

This is what is going on: you're a lunatic who did not show up for arraignment on a criminal charge and for whom a bench warrant was issued -- and who, in an entirely unrelated and unfortunate incident, encountered a police officer while holding a loaded gun. Gee, I wonder why he was concerned. Do you look like Chrostopher Lloyd?
http://www.range365.com/sites/range3...?itok=c1B3tHbt

Oh my God, "A TELEPHONE OPERATOR ASSIGNS POLICE CALLS!" Yes, it is true, trained dispatchers dispatch police, fire, ambulance and sometimes tow trucks.. It has been that way since forever, and if you knew any 911 dispatchers (I knew many when I was an ambulance driver), you would understand that most are skilled professionals. Some not, but the same can be said with any profession or vocation.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old November 30th 16, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 10:04:04 AM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:

courtroom right?

Andre Jute

Later I had a run-in with the cops. I saved a girl from forcible rape and had her in my own home. I called the police. The moronic police system is to have a dispatcher - a TELEPHONE OPERATOR - assign police calls. This one apparently didn't understand the words of the young woman and when the cop showed up he rang the bell and then hid. I didn't see anyone on the porch and the woman having been threatened I took out a gun and looked around the whole house. Finally in the last window I saw his leg and recognized it as a cop. I opened the door and signaled for him to come in. He saw the gun which was in a holster and being held by the barrel and went nuts. I put the gun away and went out and he shoved his pistol in my face and said that if I didn't lay face down on my lawn (which was wet) he would blow my brains out. In any case after that was cleared up with me not suing the city into bankruptcy I was told in passing that I had a felony warrant out for me that turned out to be because I missed a hearing. This was EVENTUALLY cleared up since I was severely handicapped at the time but I spent a lot of time sitting in criminal felony courts and listening to almost unbelievable things. It looked like the worse the crimes the less punishment people were given. And not "relatively" but actual time. Illegal aliens with attempted murder charges and long rap sheets were NOT ordered deported after serving their time. Gangs having shoot-outs near schools were treated as juvenile offenders to be released at 18 when most of them were nearing that birthday. Someone who hadn't paid a dozen parking tickets was given six months in jail..

This is what is going on: you're a lunatic who did not show up for arraignment on a criminal charge and for whom a bench warrant was issued -- and who, in an entirely unrelated and unfortunate incident, encountered a police officer while holding a loaded gun. Gee, I wonder why he was concerned. Do you look like Chrostopher Lloyd?

Oh my God, "A TELEPHONE OPERATOR ASSIGNS POLICE CALLS!" Yes, it is true, trained dispatchers dispatch police, fire, ambulance and sometimes tow trucks. It has been that way since forever, and if you knew any 911 dispatchers (I knew many when I was an ambulance driver), you would understand that most are skilled professionals. Some not, but the same can be said with any profession or vocation.

-- Jay Beattie.

Sorry Jay, you really should understand the criminal law if you're going to talk about it. When answering a call to a private residence the police ARE REQUIRED by law to identify themselves. You seemed to have skimmed over that rather handily. If there was any questions in his mind he could have waited another 20 minutes or so for a backup. Parking his car out of sight down the block, ringing the doorbell and hiding like a 12 year old's prank does not qualify as identifying yourself. What's more, the FBI didn't seem to find the practice of sending single officers blindly into such calls as proper. Neither did House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

If the police had the slightest question they simply had to play the one minute telephone call to the responding officer during the ten minutes they took to respond. A mindless telephone operator whom you wish to describe as "trained" is only another indication that you write wills or some such.

My cousin, a local Police Chief also had questions about the action of this officer since my reaction was both perfectly legal and to be expected under the circumstances. And gee, they have changed their practice. Who would have guessed they would do that to accommodate a lunatic that looks like Christopher Lloyd?

Noted that you actually missed the entire point of having to sit in courtrooms for several days observing what happens in the real world which you have just demonstrated you haven't even a clue about.
Old November 30th 16, 08:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 9:41:54 AM UTC-8, wrote:

courtroom right?

Andre Jute

I live right in the middle of daily murders. That concussion I had that blanked my memory for a year and a half got me into trouble. I was supposed to appear in court for a drunk driving charge and never showed up since I had no short term memory. As SOON as I regained my senses I went to the police station and asked if there were any warrants out on me since I could have been in any sort of trouble during that time having totaled four cars.. I was told "no".

Oh my God, "A TELEPHONE OPERATOR ASSIGNS POLICE CALLS!" Yes, it is true, trained dispatchers dispatch police, fire, ambulance and sometimes tow trucks. It has been that way since forever, and if you knew any 911 dispatchers (I knew many when I was an ambulance driver), you would understand that most are skilled professionals. Some not, but the same can be said with any profession or vocation.

-- Jay Beattie.

Sorry Jay, you really should understand the criminal law if you're going to talk about it. When answering a call to a private residence the police ARE REQUIRED by law to identify themselves. You seemed to have skimmed over that rather handily. If there was any questions in his mind he could have waited another 20 minutes or so for a backup. Parking his car out of sight down the block, ringing the doorbell and hiding like a 12 year old's prank does not qualify as identifying yourself. What's more, the FBI didn't seem to find the practice of sending single officers blindly into such calls as proper. Neither did House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

What situations are you talking about -- lunatics with guns or a citizens reporting rapes? Based on the lack of accuracy in your posts and general disconnection from reality, I don't trust your recitation of the facts and suspect the police responded, rang the bell, got no response, and started looking through windows.

If the police had the slightest question they simply had to play the one minute telephone call to the responding officer during the ten minutes they took to respond. A mindless telephone operator whom you wish to describe as "trained" is only another indication that you write wills or some such.

I do write wills on occasion -- and trusts, too. I've also spent months or years in court rooms (if you add up the days). I spent years as an ambulance driver in the Santa Clara Valley and had close friends who were 911 dispatchers. Maybe the dispatchers for San Leandro Police suck for some reason -- or maybe they screen your calls and just like to f*** with you. Who knows, but if they are like the dispatchers I knew, they make a decent salary and do a good job.

My cousin, a local Police Chief also had questions about the action of this officer since my reaction was both perfectly legal and to be expected under the circumstances. And gee, they have changed their practice. Who would have guessed they would do that to accommodate a lunatic that looks like Christopher Lloyd?

Noted that you actually missed the entire point of having to sit in courtrooms for several days observing what happens in the real world which you have just demonstrated you haven't even a clue about.

I certainly don't have a clue about your world. As for the real world (including the real world of court rooms), I have a clue -- which is what leads me to seriously discount anything you say. Oh, as a data point, I am on the committee that writes the trial court rules for Oregon. http://www.counciloncourtprocedures.org/members.shtml

-- Jay Beattie.
Old November 30th 16, 08:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster

On 11/30/2016 2:35 PM, jbeattie wrote:

-snippy snip-

Oh, as a data point, I am on the committee that writes the
trial court rules for Oregon.
http://www.counciloncourtprocedures.org/members.shtml

-- Jay Beattie.

Next time you're hanging out with the other Illuminati
planning world domination or whatever you all do, see if any
of them needs a new race bike and drop my name. Thanks!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Old November 30th 16, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 12:43:33 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:

-snippy snip-

-- Jay Beattie.

I will. We're having a world domination bake sale this weekend, and I'll spread the word.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old November 30th 16, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 8:58:43 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:

-snippy snip-

-- Jay Beattie.

I will. We're having a world domination bake sale this weekend, and I'll spread the word.

-- Jay Beattie.

Dear Jay,

Could you possibly arrange for everyone in the world to be more intelligent. just a couple of points on the median would makea hugh-yuge differenc to the wellbeing of the universe.

Andre Jute
The Center for Modest, Achievable Dreams
Old December 1st 16, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 3:06:26 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 8:58:43 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
-snippy snip-

-- Jay Beattie.

-- Jay Beattie.

Dear Jay,

Could you possibly arrange for everyone in the world to be more intelligent. just a couple of points on the median would makea hugh-yuge differenc to the wellbeing of the universe.

No sweat. I'll get the evil cabal to modify the IQ test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pibqo6Z4Cgo

-- Jay Beattie.
Old December 1st 16, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 12:35:42 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:

courtroom right?

Andre Jute

This is what is going on: you're a lunatic who did not show up for arraignment on a criminal charge and for whom a bench warrant was issued -- and who, in an entirely unrelated and unfortunate incident, encountered a police officer while holding a loaded gun. Gee, I wonder why he was concerned.. Do you look like Chrostopher Lloyd?

-- Jay Beattie.

What situations are you talking about -- lunatics with guns or a citizens reporting rapes? Based on the lack of accuracy in your posts and general disconnection from reality, I don't trust your recitation of the facts and suspect the police responded, rang the bell, got no response, and started looking through windows.

I do write wills on occasion -- and trusts, too. I've also spent months or years in court rooms (if you add up the days). I spent years as an ambulance driver in the Santa Clara Valley and had close friends who were 911 dispatchers. Maybe the dispatchers for San Leandro Police suck for some reason -- or maybe they screen your calls and just like to f*** with you. Who knows, but if they are like the dispatchers I knew, they make a decent salary and do a good job.

I certainly don't have a clue about your world. As for the real world (including the real world of court rooms), I have a clue -- which is what leads me to seriously discount anything you say. Oh, as a data point, I am on the committee that writes the trial court rules for Oregon. http://www.counciloncourtprocedures.org/members.shtml

-- Jay Beattie.

Since I was born and grew up in Oakland I seriously doubt you understand the situation here.

But that does NOT in any way cancel a policeman's requirement to identify himself when answering a call, most particularly when someone has been threatened. The run-and-hide business was not just illegal, it was stupid. If he was a plainclothesman instead of a uniformed cop I may have shot him and they couldn't have touched me. That wouldn't be bad just for him but for me as well. Many of my friends and relatives are cops or are retired cops.

A dispatcher really has NO business assigning calls. After asking for a car she should have played the call to the cop so he had some idea of what he was getting into and not second hand from a telephone operator.

Let me note another instance: "Oakland Police"; "I'd like to report what looks like a stolen car"; "What makes you think that?"; "All four wheels are missing and the car is sitting on the ground, the truck is open and the spare and jack are missing"; "It probably belongs to someone that lives around there"; "IN THIS AREA???" (this is/was a wealthy area); "Well, we'll send someone around."

Dispatchers have no business assessing these sorts of things and a desk Sargent should be doing it. Police business is police business and not telephone operator business.
Old December 1st 16, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 5:35:04 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:

No sweat. I'll get the evil cabal to modify the IQ test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pibqo6Z4Cgo

Jay, I would like you to consider this: In LA as the illegals began moving in the blacks were living in the available homes. So what the illegals did is that they started driving through neighborhoods and shooting blacks indiscriminately. This caused the majority of blacks to move out of these neighborhoods that the Hispanics took over.

They have just recently started doing this in Oakland as well. I suspect that they most certainly have not judged the Oakland blacks correctly and it won't be too long before there is open warfare. That is unless Trump starts deporting the criminal element of the illegal aliens.

So I do not think that you understand my points and are choosing to be insulted by my comments rather than thinking about them.