Dude at Yellow Jersey

Old January 9th 17, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Dude at Yellow Jersey

On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 2:22:16 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 2:12:20 PM UTC-8, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jan 2017 13:14:54 -0600, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/7/2017 11:32 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jan 2017 08:28:01 -0600, AMuzi
wrote:
On 1/5/2017 6:26 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
The dude at Yellow Jersey took a pic of this bike It's a hell of a
deal https://boulder.craigslist.org/bik/5922903024.html

Data mining for Bianchi Nirone, Look pedals, male. Probably
purchased in early 2016:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/nir16a.jpg

Is that in front of the new shop, Andrew? I haven't had a chance to
drop by (since I no longer drive to Chicago from the Twin Cities 4-5
times a year). How's the new shop working out compared to the old
location?

We own it.

Excellent! My employer has always rented office space. As the business
has grown, he has had to rent more space (now six office locations in
different parts of the metro area). One result is that his business is
now very vulnerable to the vagaries of what landlords want to do with
the property. The writing is on the wall for getting booted out of our
main office location in the next year or two, as the new property owner
is eyeballing redeveloping as high end residential- meaning making
several tens of millions a year for a long time versus the fraction of
that he gets renting office space (we rent 2/3 or more of the building)..

My Dad owned his business and the building as separate ventures. The
problem with the latter was that he had a partner who became a major
dickhead after my Dad died (sued my mother to get my father's interest
in the property at a discount, rather than just calling and saying he
wanted to activate that clause of their agreement and offering a
reasonable price).

Moral of the story is if at all possible own the property your business
is it, and preferably own it independently.

Timk, at the moment real estate values are at or near record levels. Bit after several months into Trump there is likely to be a property value crash since these have been largely dependent upon Federal and state aid to illegal aliens. As these people break laws they WILL be sent back to where they came from and the real estate shortage is very likely to disappear.

O.K., in what way is the price of commercial real estate dependent upon Federal or state aid to illegal aliens? We're talking about commercial and not multi-family.

The price of commercial real estate is based on cap rates (return on capital), risk, cost of funds, returns from other investments (stocks, bonds, commodities, etc.) -- and, of course, need. Walgreens, among many other chains, have decided that they do not want to tie up cash by buying real estate. They lease. Walgreens stores are sold to investors like bonds -- triple net lease and a fifteen year lease, commercially managed. It will return 4-6% a year no fuss, no muss. You're screwed if the company decides to move or the company goes under and you have to find a new tenant.

Anyway, the cost of commercial real estate is not dependent on whether Trump deports alien criminals. The exception would be commercial real estate that depends on alien criminals, like an alien criminal strip-mall or an alien criminal office building. Those will take a big hit when The Donald drops the hammer.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 9th 17, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Andy, you are directly responsible for urban sprawl.

Holiday was a drug addict.

It's 1939 Jesse Owens, peace in our time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_...e_Holiday_song)

Ann Rand at the LBS ?

Old January 9th 17, 02:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 10:27:33 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
Andy, you are directly responsible for urban sprawl.

Holiday was a drug addict.

It's 1939 Jesse Owens, peace in our time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_...e_Holiday_song)

Ann Rand at the LBS ?

the argument was about money ...?

Old January 9th 17, 02:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
[...]

Jay. I'm trying to be polite but you are merely trying.

All real estate in high population areas is priced competitively and because of that, areas are zoned for "commercial" so that it prevents these areas being covered with homes and apartments and condos.

This also means that during times of commercial recession that there is even more pressure on cities and counties to re-zone these areas for residential. When commerce picks up again there is then no area into which it can expand and it goes elsewhere.

So the MORE the government pumps into support of illegal aliens the MORE pressure there is to collapse industrial areas which in the long run destroys and not enhances property values.

Why is economics 1A such a mystery to you? Or are you arguing about everything simply to argue?
Old January 9th 17, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:
[...]

I'm arguing because you don't know what the hell you're talking about. If all the alien criminals were moved out of multi-family housing, other tenants would move in. Rents might drop if the market was that bad, but the market would not collapse -- not in the SF Bay Area. Apartment buildings would not be bulldozed to make way for a Ford plant -- or a bike shop. There would not be a glut of commercial space.

The housing market in Oakland is super hot. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...bay-to-oakland Rents are astronomical. https://www.rentjungle.com/average-r...d-rent-trends/ Once The Donald drops the hammer and the billions of illegals magically go away, you should buy a vacated tenement; fluff it up and make a mint by renting it out to the Google guys and gals. That's what's happening in Oakland -- gentrification. Quit ducking behind your sofa, dodging bullets and waiting for your pension check. Get out there and buy that uber-cheap post-Donald hammer-drop real estate and become a tycoon.

BTW, have you ever bought a commercial or multi-family property? Have you ever tried to change residential multi-family zoning to commercial? It's not easy, and it usually goes the other way -- industrial to mixed use, e.g. http://www.rudyowens.com/wp-content/...%20Condos2.jpg That was a shipyard. Assuming the condo-market collapsed, its not going back to a shipyard.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old January 9th 17, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

another happy Bianchi rider

It does look like a good deal
Old January 10th 17, 01:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

I doahn know **** abt real estate in SF n Silicone Valley but frankly there's a lotta slum to go around n release some energy from ....Silicon Valley but th group effect with intelligent people is they prefer living with....intelligent people.

the move is creating an ancillary product.

I like Laverda Ranch.

Big Hi to the Laverdians.

SMS, would you move into Laverda ranch if LR was next door to SV ?

with or without the spousal unit.

Old January 10th 17, 01:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Jay Jay Jay....cyclops is constructing these mini rashes.
Old January 10th 17, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 8:49:53 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
I doahn know **** abt real estate in SF n Silicone Valley but frankly there's a lotta slum to go around n release some energy from ....Silicon Valley but th group effect with intelligent people is they prefer living with....intelligent people.

the move is creating an ancillary product.

I like Laverda Ranch.

Big Hi to the Laverdians.

SMS, would you move into Laverda ranch if LR was next door to SV ?

with or without the spousal unit.

vroooom vroooom excuse while I take 3 green ones with the yellow stripes

Ladera Ranch

goo.gl/acyxs0

Old January 10th 17, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 8:58:32 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 8:49:53 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
I doahn know **** abt real estate in SF n Silicone Valley but frankly there's a lotta slum to go around n release some energy from ....Silicon Valley but th group effect with intelligent people is they prefer living with.....intelligent people.

the move is creating an ancillary product.

I like Laverda Ranch.

Big Hi to the Laverdians.

SMS, would you move into Laverda ranch if LR was next door to SV ?

with or without the spousal unit.

vroooom vroooom excuse while I take 3 green ones with the yellow stripes

Ladera Ranch

goo.gl/acyxs0

http://www.covenanthills.com/images/...hiking_400.jpg

My search for rain was stymied by the rangers, mob and LA County Sheriff when THEY mounted a loudspeaker system across the road from the Ortega Highway SP and Rallye's campground. Mounting a continuous barrage of 175 db noise to keep me off my feed intoa public campground would seem illegal as it is not here leading to WW3. Here merely a drought.

As at San Juan island, no one would do anything to stop the onslaught. Surreal.

I escaped to the above image up the hill into the interior of OHSP&R finding the truly awesome silence of the deforested California hills. awesome. religious intensity in the vastness of silence ... I could here God, the Pacific, Moon and stars, the Earth .....

The Rangers set up a chimer preventing that from happening again actuated by a local dragon lady herself.

drink urine.

Yellow Jersey Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_] Techniques 20 April 3rd 11 03:03 AM
YELLOW JERSEY kolldata Techniques 0 September 9th 10 02:56 AM
yellow jersey tour de france winner jersey [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 14th 08 03:16 PM
loses yellow jersey Tom Sawyer Mountain Biking 9 July 11th 05 10:14 PM
What is on the yellow Jersey Boyd Speerschneider Racing 6 July 21st 03 04:28 AM