VAM

Old July 24th 09, 03:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

Default VAM

FWIW

http://bit.ly/33vEym
Old July 24th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

DirtRoadie wrote:

FWIW

http://bit.ly/33vEym

Dude,

Everybody knows Contador is doped to the gills. He's from Spain for
Christ's sake....Mayonnaise, Herasshole, Landaloser, Serrano, Maria
Moreno. The Spaniards have a deep, rich culture of doping within
cycling.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old July 24th 09, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jul 24, 9:21*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
DirtRoadie wrote:
FWIW

http://bit.ly/33vEym

Dude,

Everybody knows Contador is doped to the gills. *He's from Spain for
Christ's sake....Mayonnaise, Herasshole, Landaloser, Serrano, Maria
Moreno. *The Spaniards have a deep, rich culture of doping within
cycling.

Thanks,

Magilla

Whatever you say. If you would also like to believe Lemond, the graph
provides support. It's on the internet, it must be accurate. But I
certainly don't know and provided the link for entertainment purposes
only. Thanks for playing.
DR

Old July 24th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

DirtRoadie wrote:
FWIW

http://bit.ly/33vEym

Dude,

Everybody knows Contador is doped to the gills. *He's from Spain for
Christ's sake....Mayonnaise, Herasshole, Landaloser, Serrano, Maria
Moreno. *The Spaniards have a deep, rich culture of doping within
cycling.

Thanks,

Magilla

Whatever you say. If you would also like to believe Lemond, the graph
provides support. It's on the internet, it must be accurate. But I
certainly don't know and provided the link for entertainment purposes
only. Thanks for playing.
DR

Lemond could NOT even pass a polygraph:

'have you EVER taken any performance enhancing substances, illegal
substances, pharmaceuticals, or chemicals which would aid performance
in and around and during the TdF or any bike race?'

(clumsy question, but you get my drift).

And polygraphs aren't admissible in court. Let me amend and say he
wouldn't even agree to take one. He knows he doped (in some form).

There are quite a few questions he'd be afraid to answer about bike
racing, aamof.

Old July 24th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

DirtRoadie wrote:
FWIW

http://bit.ly/33vEym

Dude,

Everybody knows Contador is doped to the gills. *He's from Spain for
Christ's sake....Mayonnaise, Herasshole, Landaloser, Serrano, Maria
Moreno. *The Spaniards have a deep, rich culture of doping within
cycling.

Thanks,

Magilla

Whatever you say. If you would also like to believe Lemond, the graph
provides support. It's on the internet, it must be accurate. But I
certainly don't know and provided the link for entertainment purposes
only. Thanks for playing.
DR

Actually, these VAM calculations although somewhat accurate leave out
things like altitude, drafting, wind, humidity....it kinda reminds me how
you people leave out similar variables when calculating why you go slower
around a gerbil wheel turn.

*******s.

Magilla

Old July 24th 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jul 24, 10:43*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Actually, these VAM calculations although somewhat accurate leave out
things like altitude, drafting, wind, humidity....

Yup. But it's nice picture.
Old July 24th 09, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

DirtRoadie wrote:
[...]

I don't think LeMond doped. Not sure how your hypothetical questionaire
session with an absentee LeMond proves otherwise.

Magilla

Old July 24th 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:16:31 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

I don't think LeMond doped. Not sure how your hypothetical questionaire
session with an absentee LeMond proves otherwise.

Magilla

No, no proof. In 1987-90, Greg's reign, EPO was just beginning to be
used among Euro-pros.. I don't think he used EPO, though.

My guess is that Lemond -could have- used some minor blood doping. Top
off transfusions, steroids, corticoids, uppers were common. He's one
of the few with no allegations, no sanctions, so I wouldn't argue too
strenuously.

He and Hinault were well below the 1952 Alpe d'Huez Coppi line of
45'22 minutes, soft-pedaling it up the slope in a pedestrian 48
minutes in the infamous hand-holding finish. But post 1986, doping
became a lot more effective, as the time dropped off to 40 minutes.
Old July 24th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Everybody knows Contador is doped to the gills. He's from Spain for
Christ's sake....Mayonnaise, Herasshole, Landaloser, Serrano, Maria
Moreno. The Spaniards have a deep, rich culture of doping within
cycling.

What about jesus. He was from Spain too.
Old July 24th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 24, 4:06*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
FWIW

http://bit.ly/33vEym

FFS.

I addressed this in the other VAM thread.
The Sports Scientist, PhD who made this graph
started the x-axis at 1700. That grossly exaggerates
the difference between the rates of climb.
In fact Contador's VAM is only abut 3% higher
than Leblanc/Hautacam/994 or Pantani/Joux-Plane/1997.

3% is a lot, but it is also about the amount that
even the Sports Scientist, PhD admits could be
attributed to the difference in length of climb -
Contador's climb on the Verbier was much shorter
than most of the other major climbs shown on that
graph.

So whether Contador is a space alien, on dope,
has a VO2 rivaling that of LemonD, or just knows
how to pace himself, I don't know. And you can't
tell from that ****ty chart.

Ben