What a Fred!

Old October 1st 09, 06:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default What a Fred!

Lovely find from Carl Fogel in the other newsgroup:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2d9p4yd.jpg

Honestly, I thought it was Jackie Stewart.

Old October 1st 09, 01:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Rik Van Slick

--
Ryan Cousineau /

No, that's Abdu!
Old October 1st 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Cicero Venatio

Rik Van Slick wrote:
On Oct 1, 1:44 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Lovely find from Carl Fogel in the other newsgroup:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2d9p4yd.jpg

Honestly, I thought it was Jackie Stewart.

--
Ryan Cousineau /

No, that's Abdu!

---------
Need more info, who is he, where is he today? Is he still a Fred?
Old October 1st 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Sep 30, 10:44*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Lovely find from Carl Fogel in the other newsgroup:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2d9p4yd.jpg

Honestly, I thought it was Jackie Stewart.

--
Ryan Cousineau /

Interesting. Cotter cranks, but sewups and low flange QR hubs. Brooks
style saddle?
He's wearing shiny new cycling shoes, but his handlebars are upside
down. Alpine gearing.
I think that places it in the early 70's, though I would have expected
high flange hubs. Maybe mid 70's, when high flange hubs went out of
style.
-Paul
Old October 1st 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Geraard Spergen[_3_]

Nice vasculature but no tan line... must be a Breton.
Old October 1st 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Oct 1, 10:26*am, Geraard Spergen wrote:
Nice vasculature but no tan line... must be a Breton.

That's PeeWee Herman.
Old October 1st 09, 08:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ABS

It's obviously Roman Polanski next to the school yard offering an Egg
McMuffin to a 13-year old.

ABS
Old October 1st 09, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Cicero Venatio wrote:
On Oct 1, 1:44 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://i36.tinypic.com/2d9p4yd.jpg

Need more info, who is he, where is he today? Is he still a Fred?

Looks like Coppi to me.
Old October 1st 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Susan Walker wrote:
Cicero Venatio wrote:
On Oct 1, 1:44 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://i36.tinypic.com/2d9p4yd.jpg

Need more info, who is he, where is he today? Is he still a Fred?

Looks like Coppi to me.

An older, post-Bianchi Coppi. The water bottle cage seems to
be the right vintage, as is the pump holder.

Bob Schwartz
Old October 2nd 09, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
Lovely find from Carl Fogel in the other newsgroup:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2d9p4yd.jpg

Honestly, I thought it was Jackie Stewart.

You guys don't get it. In Italy, it's all about the shoes. Nothing else
matters. At least that's what one run-down-looking cyclist in France told
me. Don't worry about anything but the shoes, 'cuz that's the first thing
women look at.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Der fred cfsmtb[_478_] Australia 7 October 19th 07 02:05 PM
Cherry Blossom[Fred] (Ride-A-Lot[fred]), nice winkys on your bike! LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 1 August 1st 07 04:12 AM
Well der fred.. cfsmtb Australia 2 June 28th 06 12:54 AM
Where's Fred? matabala Racing 2 April 28th 05 04:05 AM
Fred? M Powell General 12 July 7th 04 11:32 PM