Nice Very Small Pump

Old April 20th 16, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Nice Very Small Pump

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 10:59:17 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 09:10:49 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 4/14/2016 5:33 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 11:23:06 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
My worst ever was three separate flats on a maybe 30 mile ride.

You were lucky. I had three separate flats on a 90 mile ride. In the rain!

As Jobst used to point out, water is a great lubricant for glass shards. I can have a small, well lubricated shard wreak havoc on a casing -- and some are tiny and not that easy to find, hiding under the tread and not visible through the underside of the casing -- coming out to play when the tube is inflated.

-- Jay Beattie.

In my area we have had a lot of Dihydrogen Monoxide put onto the roads
lately. It's a widely used industrial lubricant and for some reason
someone thinks it's a good idea to put in on the streets. It reduces
traction on the roads and it increases the likelihood of punctures.

Gee, I thought that stuff was deadly. I read somewhere that exposure
to it for some period resulted in 100% fatality.

If it's deep and cold enough.

Experiments prove that even 1 cup of it can be fatal.

Chers
Old April 21st 16, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

But drinking it out of a styrofoam cup provides 85% protection!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 21st 16, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Not only that but, I have read, that those who ingested the stuff over
a certain period of time have all perished.

--

Cheers,

John B.