KMC 10 Quick Link on Shimano DA or Ultegra 10 Chain?

Old July 15th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
KnowWhen2HoldemKnowWhen2Foldem

Default KMC 10 Quick Link on Shimano DA or Ultegra 10 Chain?

Has anyone tired using a KMC 10 quick link on a Shimano 10 DA or Ultegra
chain?
Also, any difference between DA and Ultegra 10?

Old July 16th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

KnowWhen2HoldemKnowWhen2Foldem wrote:
Has anyone tired using a KMC 10 quick link on a Shimano 10 DA or Ultegra
chain?

I'm using the KMC 10-speed link on my Ultegra 10-speed chain. Also a
different bike I've ridden also has the same KMC 10-speed link on a 105
10-speed chain. Both bikes work great, even better than when the
Shimano special pin had joined the chains.

Old July 18th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris Z The Wheelman

I have a KMC 7/8 Sp.with "quick link" on the Sh. drive train on my
tourer, it works fine. don't let Shimano's marketing scare tactics fool
you. You do NOT need a totally dedicated Shimano system.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site: