Making up Uni bumper sticker

Old December 12th 05, 04:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Making up Uni bumper sticker

for anyone who didn't want to bother looking it up, here's the shirt we
were talking about:

|Filename: YellowT.jpg |

dogzilla

Dogzilla, Ex-Kayote.

For your Holiday shoppin' convenience:
http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles
dogzilla's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11191

Old December 12th 05, 04:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

First - cafe press is too much money. I can get under $1 per bumper
sticker only buying 100, so I'd rather do it that way.

=------------------

Well here's a tinkered-with new version of my proposed sticker.

My (and the poll's) favorite slogans have to do with training wheels.

Here's my new muni'er and one of the slogans. Tell me what'cha think.

I know the phrase is similar to one of your shirts, dogzilla, but I
hope you wouldn't mind as it's a fairly common expression used here in
the fora.

Other suggestions welcome for the slogan.
"Outgrow your training wheel"
"Give up..."
"When you don't need ..."

|Filename: like a bike3.JPG |

steveyo

--
steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

Old December 12th 05, 07:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've got no complaint with any slogan anyone uses, especially folk
that've put as much time into their project as you have.

What color inks and background will you be printing?

Old December 12th 05, 07:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That looks good, but I think you should make the unicycle look a little
more realistic, and take out the "like" in it. (its "like" a
bike.......)

dogzilla wrote:
for anyone who didn't want to bother looking it up, here's the shirt we
were talking about:

I really like that design, just not with a yellow shirt... you cant
please everyone at once I guess.

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

Old December 12th 05, 07:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Well, I got it on white, on black, and on clocks and mousepads and
stuff.

I even stuck it in a 2006 calendar...
http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles.38563526

|Filename: jitcrunch.jpg |

Old December 12th 05, 07:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Because, I love even more to say "I don't use training wheels anymore".

Do a training wheel sticker!

Then watch their face.

Adam

--
JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

Old December 12th 05, 07:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

dogzilla wrote:
I've got no complaint with any slogan anyone uses, especially folk
that've put as much time into their project as you have.

What color inks and background will you be printing?

I'm just looking to do b&w. Maybe 100 bumper stickers and some 3"
circles for helmets and such.

--
steveyo

Old December 12th 05, 07:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

One wheel to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

--
Michea

KH trials: 12.46 lbs.
Onza: 13.23 lbs. Qu-Ax Splined: 14.44 lbs.
Koxx-one Devil: 13.23 lbs.
Landing that new trick for the first time: Weightless.
For taking a crap there's Sitting Down. For everything else, there's
Unicycle.
Michea's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11044

Old December 12th 05, 09:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Oh, yeah. I like the helmet sticker idea. Very good!

Check with your printer, though. I bet using red ink or yellow
background or something wouldn't be much more expensive than black ink
on white substrate. Not that I'm trying to change your mind about it
if you have a design reason for B/W. I'm just sayin'.

Old December 12th 05, 10:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

steveyo wrote:
I can get under $1 per bumper sticker only buying 100, so I'd rather do
it that way.

Use caution. An inexpensive bumper sticker that fades within a month or
two isn't really worth anything, so "cheap" only applies if the
stickers hold up. I keep stickers on my car, and most of them die after
a while for various reasons. The good ones eventually dry up and crack
apart. The bad ones lose their reds right away (USA Inc. stickers) or
peel off.

Be sure to test your designs for readability before ordering anything.
Test them for real. Stick one about a foot off the ground, about 1.5
car lenghs in front of your car. Then sit in your car and see how good
it looks. For best results have other people look at it from there,
without having them look at it beforehand.

A bumper sticker that can't be read just isn't as fun as one with a
clear, readable message.

One I always planned to do "someday": My other car is a unicycle.

--
johnfoss

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

WTB: Yo Eddy Sticker (Fat Chance) [email protected] Marketplace 0 January 11th 05 02:47 AM
21st Century E-Business Money Making Formula NeoOne Marketplace 0 January 10th 05 06:05 AM
"N" sticker Veloise General 0 December 22nd 04 03:23 PM
Can I order a "SAME ROADS, SAME RULES" sticker? Hi, I'm TV's Oscar The Grouch General 11 October 18th 03 05:05 PM