Shin Guards

Old December 13th 05, 07:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Shin Guards

I thought this would be the best place to ask which shin protection is
the best, and where I can buy it.

--
koebwil
koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

Old December 13th 05, 07:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

SixSixOne 4x4 Leg armour is great, I just got some. It covers from the
bottom of your shin over your knee, and wraps all the way around the
back of you legs.

'SixSixOne 4x4 Armor, on sixsixone.com' (http://tinyurl.com/8wwen)
'SixSixOne 4x4 Armor, on unicycle.com
' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=404)

Other than that, your local bike shop can probably get it in for you,
assuming they have other SixSixOne gear instore

-Matt

--
Matt.Weston
Matt.Weston's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11149

Old December 13th 05, 07:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I started a thread a while back about this. 661 4x4 are your best bet.

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=404

Mike

--
swarbrim
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

Old December 14th 05, 12:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

or try roach pads or Fox racing has some

--
unicyclerpunk

Who shot the sherriff????.......habbywall did of course but now the
question is Who shot the deputy? is he still alive?
unicyclerpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11009

Old December 14th 05, 03:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

koebwil wrote:
which shin protection is the best

I'd use no less than the 'Centurion Hard Shell'
(http://tinyurl.com/c9ese) shin guards. Granted, they don't offer much
protection for the back of the leg, but you will never have to worry
about another pedal bite on your shin... they even provide good foot
protection. Same price as the 661's... I'd say give these a go!

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

Old December 14th 05, 03:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I prefer to use bare skin as protection. I roll 2" fenceposts up and
down my shins to kill nerves. After about 2 weeks of doing 15 rolls per
night, pedal bites don't hurt at all. Yeah, there's some blood
occasionally, but chicks dig scars.

Seriously, 661 and roach are both good. I use KH but they're no longer
made. I think 661 is better than the hardshells because of back of calf
protection... but then again I don't hit the back of my calf much at
all (I think it's been a year or so... knock on wood), so that
destinction is unneccessary.

--
gerblefranklin

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

Old December 14th 05, 03:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I am concerned with the back of my legs also. I don't like when I smash
my calves.

Old December 14th 05, 03:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Get Six six one shin guards. Everyone i know wears them. the only
problem is that if u don't put them on right u can hit the crank on the
side. But nothing is perfect. Try em they are fine for me and it keeps
ur legs warm in the winter!

--
Uni-D3
Uni-D3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11255

Old December 14th 05, 04:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I think I'll ask for 661s for christmas.

Shin Guards jabbath Unicycling 6 August 23rd 05 02:22 AM
Suggestions for Shin Guards DanDan Unicycling 2 June 23rd 05 12:46 AM
FS 661 Arm and knee/shin guards NEW Mark Marketplace 0 January 10th 05 06:30 AM
Shin protection. juggle508 Unicycling 26 July 31st 04 08:57 PM
ultimate wheel shin guards DasDingus Unicycling 1 July 21st 03 04:59 AM