Australian MUni Weekend 2004 Pics...

Old April 20th 04, 12:10 PM
andrew_carter

Default Australian MUni Weekend 2004 Pics...

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu37

The first annual Australian MUni Weekend was fantastic. There were
about 15 riders in total which turned out to be a great number and a
great group. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and push their
unicycling limits every now and then.

We went for several muni rides plus a night muni ride and visited the
local skate park.

Kevin, only 11, did some amazing riding and impressed us all with his
lack of fear and great skills...plus he did heaps of big drops on his
plastic wheel.

Rockley snapped his cheap hub - there's a pic in there of it - but rode
really well and dropped the quarter pipe among other things.

Mark was doing some very stylish riding throughout the whole weekend and
gave me some great footage for our movie.

Adrian gave us a go on his interesting handlebar uni. Check out the
picture of it.

Everyone rode really well and had a lot of fun. I was happy to ride a
set of 7 (pretty flat) stairs backwards a few times. We got that on
film which looks funny when played in reverse. Can anyone suggest
any free programs that can reverse clips? I'm hoping to be able to ride
more stairs backwards soon because with a bit of practise, I don't think
20 should be all that much more difficult than 7. It's a lot of fun.

We're going to have another of these muni weekends next year. Probably
either at the same time of year or in the September holidays. I hope
more people will be able to make it along.

Check out the photos (taken from the video footage -
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu37 . I'll make a video (the muni
weekend section of our movie) available for download soon.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com