New Muni Film Trailer

Old August 8th 05, 10:11 AM
TonyMelton

Default New Muni Film Trailer

Check out this new trailer, filmed and edited by Pete66. It was shot at
Whitford Forest during this year's Auckland Muni Weekend. There are some
very cool glide-cam shots. Kiwi band Blindspott provide the
soundtrack.

Here's the link - its the 'First movie in my photo gallery'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur10)

--
TonyMelton - Cloud 9

The way to a man's heart is through his veins.
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old August 8th 05, 10:22 AM
Catboy

Dang, whoever did the filming for you did a damn good job. All the
filming was awesome. I cant wait for the full thing.

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

'UPD T-Shirts FOR SALE SOON!!! (Click Me)'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album661)

Old August 8th 05, 11:47 AM
TonyMelton

Ah yes - witness the glories of Pete Marchant's uber-camera and its
glide-cam attachment!

Oh yeah I forgot to say the the riders in the trailer are myself and
Rowan appears too.

Old August 8th 05, 12:27 PM
unicus

Nice camera work, nice riding and nice editing (not sure about the music
but then I never am so don't listen to me) - should make a great DVD.

I'd like to know more about his camera set-up.

--
unicus - I need to change this

Mikefule suggests changing this once in a while
unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

Old August 8th 05, 03:04 PM
joemarshall

unicus wrote:
*Nice camera work, nice riding and nice editing (not sure about the
music but then I never am so don't listen to me) - should make a great
DVD.

I'd like to know more about his camera set-up. *

It looks like it's some kind of steadicam. They're quite expensive, but
you can make yourself one using the instructions here. The guy who wrote
the instructions seems to get very good results from his one. I'm sure
you could knock one together pretty quickly.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/

Really cool to see some proper riding in a video and filmed well too. I
know it's easier to film trials / street, but it always seems a pity
that even muni footage in videos is limited to big drops and jumps
rather than nice flowing riding like that.

Joe

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album483

Old August 8th 05, 04:16 PM
redhead

Kool I like the moive and i thought the music was great !!
nice riding

--
redhead - hey

i rock
"i only got two thing in this world, my word and my balls,and i ain't
brakin them for no one"
redhead's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9985

Old August 8th 05, 04:50 PM
vivalargo

Fluid riding.

--
vivalargo - Santa Barbara Unicycle Club
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Old August 8th 05, 06:01 PM
Unitik908

awesome riding.. sick camera work.. and i liked the music..

Chase

--
Unitik908 - The Lone Clothespin....

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

Old August 8th 05, 06:02 PM
ColDawG

sweet!

i like how it shows the flowyness

nice job both riding and filming!

--
ColDawG - I go both ways:

Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old August 8th 05, 09:46 PM
fcwegnm0b

I was really impressed with that trailer, all around. I'll reiterate
that the filming was superb, the editing and choice of music was very
tasteful and appropriate. The riding... I could hear my muni calling me
from the basement..

Dave

--
fcwegnm0b - HammerTron

"So the nurse was telling me about what you did to your ankle... and I
all got was 'unicycle', 'mountain', and 'filming'"
fcwegnm0b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8357