Bloomin' 'eck - fell off!

Old December 7th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Bloomin' 'eck - fell off!

I haven't fallen off two wheels since I lost it on the Lambretta in 1969!
This morning I hit a patch of ice on a bend approaching work. Both wheels
went at once and I hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. However, I
bounced better than I thought I would at my advanced age and ended up with
only bruised ribs, hip and hand so I'm quite chuffed.
All credit to the following motorist who stopped to see if I was alright.
Has it put me off? Nope, but I'll now be more cautious on frosty mornings.

Steve
Old December 8th 05, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

sothach wrote:

Your dead right, but those Nokian stud tyres start to look attractive
at this point. I'd buy them and hang the expense, but I'd be too lazy
to change tyres of an icy morning, and with Rohloff/SON hubs, a second
set of ready-to-go wheels would'nt be exactly cheap.

They also sound like a dog which needs its nails clipping walking
across a marble floor.
It was frosty here today, but the roads are clear of ice so no problem.

...d

Old December 8th 05, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

David Martin wrote:
They also sound like a dog which needs its nails clipping walking
across a marble floor.

Noisier the better!

It was frosty here today, but the roads are clear of ice so no problem.

Yeah, the roads are generally clear unless you're out mad early, and
often the salt gets accidently thrown on to the cycle path, too. But
my route has a hill in a park that at the moment is covered in wet
leaves that, when frozen, makes for a very challenging stage - I've had
a couple of spills there, much to the amusement of my passengers ('do
that again dad!')

Old December 8th 05, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

sothach wrote:

Ain't you the guy who used to set the paces, riding up in front of a
hundred faces?
I don't suppose you would remember me, but I used to follow you back in
sixty three.

Ah no, that was Sting.

Who?

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old December 8th 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tony Raven wrote:
sothach wrote:

Ain't you the guy who used to set the paces, riding up in front of a
hundred faces?
I don't suppose you would remember me, but I used to follow you back in
sixty three.

Ah no, that was Sting.

Who?

Formerly a singer with a popular Beat Combo, sometime actor[1] and once
in a role involving motor scooters in a script scored by a different
popular Beat Combo...

Pete.

[1] well, he got given roles in dramatic productions
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old December 8th 05, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In article , Tony Raven (junk@raven-
family.com) wrote:
sothach wrote:

Ain't you the guy who used to set the paces, riding up in front of a
hundred faces?
I don't suppose you would remember me, but I used to follow you back in
sixty three.

Ah no, that was Sting.

Who?

Mr Gordon Sumner, a former schoolteacher and professional Saviour of
Rain Forests. Believed to be a part-time musician and thesp. Not quite
as annoying as Bonio, but pretty close.

Here, take these cheese-shaped stilts. You'll know when to use them.
Old December 8th 05, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tony Raven wrote:
sothach wrote:

Ain't you the guy who used to set the paces, riding up in front of a
hundred faces?
I don't suppose you would remember me, but I used to follow you back in
sixty three.

Ah no, that was Sting.

Who?

...and Tony wins today pop-trivia-obscure-reference prize. Sting plays
"The Face" (the Lamberetta-riding head Mod) in the movie of The Who's
"Quadrophenia", from which the lines above are taken.
What's all this to do with bikes? Very little, but Lamberetta have two
wheels and couldn't speed if they wanted to, speed cameras or no.

she fell off Sandy Techniques 18 April 15th 05 03:54 PM
Fell off Brian Drury UK 99 December 14th 04 10:00 PM
Old Schwinn 24" - crank fell off.. how to repair? aurum78 Unicycling 6 December 11th 04 11:46 PM
Fell off clipped in (or how to make a prat of yourself). Peter B UK 19 October 17th 03 03:26 PM
Update on driver who fell asleep at the wheel Kerry Nikolaisen General 15 September 27th 03 04:00 AM