How I came to America

Old August 22nd 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Crescentius Vespasianus

Default How I came to America

I may have added to the immigration problem, because of a route that I
occasionally ride on my bike.
http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...ws&storyid=200
6-08-22T003104Z_01_N21200756_RTRUKOC_0_US-LIFE-USA-BICYCLES.xml&src=rss&rpc=
22

The exact route that they talk about in the story, is from Three Points, AZ
to Sasabe, AZ, which is on the border. It's an out and back ride, 45 miles
each way. Usually very light traffic and a good road, some rollers, a
moderate climb to the border, and a fast moderate ride back, usually with a
tailwind. Since the illegals are riding, only north, they get the fun part,
not the painful part. I always wondered when I rode out there, if anyone
(the coyotes) were going to catch on how to do this. I've seen them
crossing the road with their backpacks on, and I always thought, why don't
they just get a bike, it would be so much easier. Seems like they finally
caught on.

Old August 23rd 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dbrower

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a topic for r.b.tech, not r.b.r. What's the right tire
and inflation for noiseless movement? Single speed? Fixie? What
is the most stealthy spoke pattern? When painting one flat black,
should one spray or brush? How much paint prep is required?

-dB

Old August 23rd 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

dbrower wrote:
[...]

(AP) Three Points Arizona -
Bike crash kills 35 suspected illegal aliens.

Today, border patrol agents on mountain bikes pursued a suspected
immigrant smuggler traveling towards Sasabe Arizona. When the driver
of the bicycle, a 1984 Santana Tandem, first noticed the agents, he
immediately began riding at unsafe speeds, often approaching 30 miles
per hour. The agents gave chase and were quickly outpaced by the sheer
momentum of the bigger bicycle. They later came upon the bloody scene
after the driver of the tandem apparently flipped while trying to
navigate a curve. The smuggler survived and vanished into the
wilderness, but he left 35 victims behind.

"I feel sorry for these innocent victims. The smugglers had them
stuffed into the downtube of the bike, the toptube...even the seat
stays." said Border agent Jim Cunnigham. Ironically, the bike's
waterbottle, which would normally be used for hydration, was also used
to carry human cargo.

These mp3 interviews -Air America -Know why there is about to be civil war in America. A MUST LISTEN harbinger Australia 17 June 4th 06 12:16 AM
I crash into religion Paul Cassel Techniques 1135 May 23rd 06 11:27 PM
I crash into religion jtaylor UK 1054 May 23rd 06 11:27 PM
How Dare Could America Industrial Property Office Be In Conspiracy With Jungang International Patent Office To Make An Extravagant International Crime ? [email protected] Marketplace 0 May 26th 05 08:20 AM