Touring some Alps

Old October 13th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Jan Lindstrom

Default Touring some Alps

Finally finished a rudimentary translation of my bike trip to the Alps.
Sorry for all you linquistically challenged, all the notes of the
pictures are in Finnish.

You can read about it at:
http://jan.linja.org/kertomukset/alps_2006/

I haven't translated the "getting there" page.

Jan Lindström
Old October 14th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
steephill

On Oct 13, 8:59 am, Jan Lindstrom
wrote:
Finally finished a rudimentary translation of my bike trip to the Alps.
Sorry for all you linquistically challenged, all the notes of the
pictures are in Finnish.

You can read about it at:http://jan.linja.org/kertomukset/alps_2006/

I haven't translated the "getting there" page.

Very, very slick job although a little confusing to navigate at times.
Hopefully you'll translate the photo descriptions as well. I know it
takes a lot of time to put to the whole package as you've done.

thanks for sharing,

Steve
www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

Old October 14th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ron Wallenfang

Good travelogue - good English!

Varfoer Finnish. Dit name aer Svensk.

Old October 14th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Jan Lindstrom

Ron Wallenfang wrote:
Good travelogue - good English!

Varfoer Finnish. Dit name aer Svensk.

Du har rätt, men jag måste jobba också. Jag kunde likväl ha skrivit det
på svenska, men då skulle bara 5% av oss Finländare ha velat läsa den.

Jan

Old October 14th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Martin Borsje

Jan Lindstrom thought the world would like to know that...
Finally finished a rudimentary translation of my bike trip to the Alps. Sorry
for all you linquistically challenged, all the notes of the pictures are in
Finnish.

You can read about it at:
http://jan.linja.org/kertomukset/alps_2006/

I haven't translated the "getting there" page.

Jan Lindström

Nice pic's Jan!

But, shouldn't "Thun" read "Spiez" (along the Thunersee)?

Greetings from the Netherlands

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu
Old October 14th 06, 07:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Jan Lindstrom wrote:
Finally finished a rudimentary translation of my bike trip to the Alps.
Sorry for all you linquistically challenged, all the notes of the
pictures are in Finnish.

Nice report for a great (Jobst inspired?) trip.
Out of curiosity. Can you, or anyone for that matter, tell me how to
avoid that stretch of highway, forbidden to cyclists , between Saint
Gervais and Chamonix?

Sergio
Pisa

Old October 14th 06, 09:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Jan Lindstrom wrote:
Finally finished a rudimentary translation of my bike trip to the Alps.
Sorry for all you linquistically challenged, all the notes of the
pictures are in Finnish.

Nice report for a great (Jobst inspired?) trip.
Out of curiosity. Can you, or anyone for that matter, tell me how to
avoid that stretch of highway, forbidden to cyclists , between Saint
Gervais and Chamonix?

Sergio
Pisa

There is a parallel road D213 which runs through Vaudagne, Les Houches
and Les Bossons; check this at
www.viamichelin.com or, if this fits:

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichel...amonix&x=0&y=0

Regards,

Martin
NL

--

It's worse than that. The D213 only gets you from the middle of the
stretch of highway to Les Houches, whereas the viaduct starts at the

http://tinyurl.com/uaxvp

Jan (from his google account)

Old October 14th 06, 11:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Martin Borsje wrote:

Nice pic's Jan!

But, shouldn't "Thun" read "Spiez" (along the Thunersee)?

Greetings from the Netherlands

Thanks for the correction, it should indeed read Spiez. Speaking of
nice pictures, these were taken in Northern Sweden's wilderness during
last week in August:

http://jan.linja.org/kuvat/abisko_20...ery/index.html

Jan

Alps touring advice Lee Coomber UK 4 March 10th 06 08:16 AM
FS: Trek 720 touring rig 25" frame Unrevealed Source Marketplace 1 September 30th 05 12:40 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM