My second encounter with the AFP

Old January 22nd 11, 04:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers[_2_]

Default My second encounter with the AFP

"TimC" wrote
On 2011-01-22, Theo Bekkers wrote
"TimC" wrote

Yeah, but you come from the land of Sir Joh. In more civilised parts
of the country, we recognise that the police are sometimes horribly
wrong and corrupt.

In the land of Joh I believe the exact same applies, but only if you
leave
out the 'sometimes'.

They didn't appear to recognise it at the time, or at least they kept
on displaying their ignorance by voting the fsckers in all the time.

Not really. Joh had the gerrymander down to a fine art. I believe his best
effort was to win Gov't with less than 20% of the total vote.

It has improved somewhat since then since the ******* carked it.

Really? They now have a descendant of Captain Bligh in charge. Can we expect
a mutiny soon?

Theo

Old January 22nd 11, 09:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 22/01/2011 7:59 AM, Rob wrote:
On 22/01/2011 4:30 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 21/01/2011 11:04 PM, BT Humble wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:

On 19/01/2011 2:33 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
I ride on the road for precisely the reason John Tserkezis mentioned
- I
can get better speeds, for longer, on the road. My cadence is usually
around 90-100.

I know it is poor form to follow up on one's own post and it shows
me up
for the lightweight amateur that I am

At least you didn't start with "Well I couldn't agree with me more."

I'll agree with that

Some people do.

Some don't
Old January 25th 11, 03:25 PM posted to aus.bicycle
terryc

Ken & Stace wrote:

Just like a slow bicycle is NOT the same as a slow truck?
Your contradicting yourself there...

No they are the same. I'm not contradicting myself. if you are in a truck
and you slow traffic you pull over a bit so cars can get past. You should do
the same thing on a bicycle.

Nope, on a bicycle doing that is called stupidity. He was riding safely.
Old January 31st 11, 06:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rsmith

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote in message
On 18/01/2011 8:59 AM, Rob wrote:
On 18/01/2011 3:18 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:
Some weeks ago, I posted my experience with the Australian Federal
Police whilst riding along Qantas Drive at Kingsford_Smith Airport.

Perhaps the most puzzling aspect was their claim that they were also NSW
Police! I could only see AFP badges on their uniforms.

They have dual policemanship where as they can follow over their
boundary onto NSW property. But their primary role is Commonwealth
property.

Oh, I didn't know that. OK, so they were not telling porkies.

Used to be that the AFP were only limited to Commonwealth grounds and NSW
Police to State boundaries - at least that was what I was told cos years
ago as a rabble rousing student at UNSW, we'd conduct noisy protests at
Sydney Airport, do the runner in our cars to the Uni grounds and basically
laughrd and poked our tongues out at the NSW coppers who followed us there
from the safety of Commonwealth property.

Obviously, in our naiveness, we never thought that the NSW coppers had no
real interest in apprehending us cos if they had wanted to do so, we would
have had been toast in the 20 minutes or so it took to get to the Uni from
the Airport along NSW roads Ah, the innocence of callow youth {to
paraphrase Mentor from the Lensmen series by EE Doc Smith}

Did you ask if they will take personal responsibility if you are struck
by another motorist whilst following their directive.

Actually, I told him pointblank I was NOT going to follow his directive
I just looked him in the eye and repeated my "RTA Handbook" and the "laws
in the state of NSW" mantras.

On an aside, I think it is now 6 to me and nil to coppers. It would have
been 7-0 if I counted that 1st encounter with the AFP but as I did not
actually stop the bike I did not count that

I have been wondering what would happen if I did get a fine. I would
obviously contest that fine and there is a good chance the fine will get
thrown out of court BUT can I get compensation for wrongful "whatever" and
trauma and hurt and stuff like that?? Cos if I can sue for damages,
next time, I'll seriously think about goading them into giving me a fine
I could do with a new carbon fibre bike or three, you know

You are exactly the type of person who gives cycling a bad name. You have
'dickhead' written all over you. Please find another hobby.

Old January 31st 11, 11:15 PM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

rsmith wrote:

You are exactly the type of person who gives cycling a bad name. You have
'dickhead' written all over you. Please find another hobby.

Don't be so eager to bend over.

Otherwise, one day, you'll find yourself prohibited from riding an inch
outside a designated line, or at all, or taking photographs in London,
or the Eiffel Tower, or of corrupt police.

And then you'll find yourself doing those things anyway, because
they're within your rights, always were, always should be. Lo and
behold, you'll be the one standing in front of the copper trying in vain
to tell them that what you were doing was entirely within the law.

Well, get ready to bend over again, because now you have no option.
Shouldn't be hard, after all, you've been doing it for a long time.
--
Make like a bottom and split.
Old February 1st 11, 04:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 18/01/2011 8:59 AM, Rob wrote:
On 18/01/2011 3:18 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:
Some weeks ago, I posted my experience with the Australian Federal
Police whilst riding along Qantas Drive at Kingsford_Smith Airport.

You are exactly the type of person who gives cycling a bad name. You have
'dickhead' written all over you. Please find another hobby.

How am I giving cycling a bad name? Pray elucidate.

In your deliberations, I trust you will be providing some suggestions on
how you would be using your bicycle on the road, in conjunction with
other traffic.

I sincerely hope you will respond to this post and not simply be doing a
drive-by

I just survived an encounter... G.T. Mountain Biking 8 April 23rd 06 09:08 PM
Close Encounter Gags Australia 2 March 31st 06 12:35 PM
Encounter with a inebriated man oldfatboy Unicycling 4 November 4th 05 12:00 AM
Encounter with an Idiot Simonb UK 0 May 2nd 05 10:23 PM
Pleasant encounter with a car Richard Sherratt Australia 4 October 17th 04 11:48 AM