Latest on Jobst not so good

Old January 19th 11, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Latest on Jobst not so good

Heard from someone closer to Jobst than I that he is "slipping." He was
accepting visitors the first couple of days but presently isn't
recognizing people and apparently has a tough time with his own
memories. There must be a lot more to this than broken ribs and femur.
This is all 3rd-hand info by the time I got it this morning; we're
seeing what we can run down.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old January 19th 11, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Art Harris

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Heard from someone closer to Jobst than I that he is "slipping." He was
accepting visitors the first couple of days but presently isn't
recognizing people and apparently has a tough time with his own
memories. There must be a lot more to this than broken ribs and femur.
This is all 3rd-hand info by the time I got it this morning; we're
seeing what we can run down.

That's not very encouraging. But sometimes being in a hospital
environment can be disorienting (especially if on strong meds). I hope
he starts to improve.

Thanks for the info, and please keep us posted.

Art Harris
Old January 19th 11, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BLafferty[_3_]

On 1/19/2011 12:52 PM, Art Harris wrote:
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Heard from someone closer to Jobst than I that he is "slipping." He was
accepting visitors the first couple of days but presently isn't
recognizing people and apparently has a tough time with his own
memories. There must be a lot more to this than broken ribs and femur.
This is all 3rd-hand info by the time I got it this morning; we're
seeing what we can run down.

That's not very encouraging. But sometimes being in a hospital
environment can be disorienting (especially if on strong meds). I hope
he starts to improve.

Thanks for the info, and please keep us posted.

Art Harris

This often happens with older patients in a hospital setting. It's
sometimes referred to as hospital psychosis. Hopefully, he'll mend and
leave in one battered piece.
Old January 19th 11, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
JS[_2_]

Massive internal bleeding and a possible concussion can cause this. It
might also be the opiates he's on. I broke my pelvis in 4 places along with
a collapsed lung and a concussion in 09. I had internal bleeding for 4 days
and needed 13 blood transfusions. I couldn't remember a damn thing and
forgot who or where I was.

I met Jobst in Yosemite a few years back. He was riding his bike
(helmetless) at the time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not
serious and wishing him a speedy recovery.

John

Old January 19th 11, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

JS wrote:
(helmetless)

Jesus ****ing Christ. He broke his leg! Meanwhile, racer Amber Halliday,
who was wearing a helmet, is in the ICU with head trauma.
Old January 19th 11, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Choppy Warburton

Default Latest on Jobst is doing fine and the original poster was talkingout of his ass

On Jan 19, 3:44*pm, "A. Dumas" wrote:
JS wrote:
(helmetless)

Jesus ****ing Christ. He broke his leg! Meanwhile, racer Amber Halliday,
who was wearing a helmet, is in the ICU with head trauma.

Should have known better than to listen to "Lance is Clean and Jobst
is Slipping" Jacoubowsky
Old January 19th 11, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Choppy Warburton" wrote in message

========
Should have known better than to listen to "Lance is Clean and Jobst
is Slipping" Jacoubowsky
========

I have not once, ever, said Lance is clean.

Real classy comments regarding Jobst.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old January 19th 11, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Jan 19, 3:44 pm, "A. Dumas" wrote:

JS wrote:
(helmetless)

Jesus ****ing Christ. He broke his leg! Meanwhile, racer Amber Halliday,
who was wearing a helmet, is in the ICU with head trauma.

========
Should have known better than to listen to "Lance is Clean and Jobst
is Slipping" Jacoubowsky
========

I have not once, ever, said Lance is clean.

Real classy comments regarding Jobst.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

It's classier there's a sense of humor about it and everyone hopes
he's doing well rather than posting that "he's slipping"

I'm sure he ****ing appreciates that.
Old January 20th 11, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

=======
It's classier there's a sense of humor about it and everyone hopes
he's doing well rather than posting that "he's slipping"

I'm sure he ****ing appreciates that.
=======

You have a valid point about the "slipping" comment. I was repeating
verbatim what someone else had sent me, and you're right, it reads badly. My
apologies. Didn't mean for it to sound like that. "He's not doing quite as
well today as he was yesterday" would have been fine.

Old January 20th 11, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jan 19, 3:44 pm, "A. Dumas" wrote:

JS wrote:
[...]

As a wannabe Fabio-esque flack, I can tell you that it's best left as,
"He's not out of the woods yet." That brings mental images of Jobst
riding through Euro-forests. He'd like that.

RBR Flack dJour

Jobst Phil H Techniques 83 July 13th 11 12:53 AM
Jobst Brad Anders Racing 20 January 19th 11 05:31 PM
Latest personal achievement - for a good cause! reidj Unicycling 2 May 18th 05 03:40 AM
How good are the latest air-free, flat-free tubes and tires? Jack Blake General 3 March 13th 05 06:54 PM
How good is the latest Cateye 1-Watt (Luxeon) bike headlight? Can be helmet mounted? Jack Blake Techniques 0 August 4th 04 09:38 PM