need bike buy advice

Old April 23rd 07, 03:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default need bike buy advice

im 5'10" and 200+lbs, live in florida so almost all flat terrain
however will be going from street to sandy trails often but dont want
my grandmas beach bike. I need to be able to go all out on long road
rides and switch to offroad every once in a while.

im hoping to get something used maybe from ebay or from the bike shop
on consignment. Either looking for something already put together and
used or a 'starter' bike that has a good frame that could be upgraded
later. I only have like $200 so everything ive seen reviewed online is
out of my reach unless maybe its being sold used.

appreciate any advice, thanks.

PS the only bikes being sold "new" on ebay that are in my price range
are some "jeep" models and some "honda racing" models... am i to
assume these are crap? i think maybe i saw a trek for sale new too

new bike advice Adam Lea UK 3 October 7th 06 06:05 PM
Advice: which bike? PhilD UK 10 May 29th 06 08:20 PM
Changers advice/bike advice? Andy Hewitt UK 11 June 25th 04 07:04 PM
New bike advice. Joseph Meyer General 22 June 3rd 04 06:20 AM
Best place to sell bike/New Bike advice please. Saint UK 7 January 24th 04 10:46 PM