Proposal to "fix" the sport

Old July 24th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default Proposal to "fix" the sport

Since it appears that you can't trust anyone - unless Contador wins
and then I know for a fact he's clean - I propose a rethinking of the
entire concept of anti-doping. It should be illegal, but it should be
encouraged.

It would have the same, ahem, Russian roulette attraction that won
Christoper Walken the Oscar in The Deer Hunter. This from IMDB:
"During some of the Russian Roulette scenes, a live round was put into
the gun to heighten the actors' tension. This was Robert De Niro's
suggestion. It was checked, however, to make sure the bullet was not
in the chamber before the trigger was pulled."
Yikes!

New betting categories could be created with odds on who will get
busted and for what - a sure money maker if there ever was one. There
could be "rehabilitation" centers for convicted dopers...each attended
by 72 far-from-virgin-porn-stars (can anyone say second career?).
There'd obviously be lots of sponsors with _very_ deep pockets - drugs
and porn in the same market? Hoo boy, better open up another shell
corporation in the Cayman Islands!

I nominate me as the talent scout.

Old July 25th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article . com,
RicodJour wrote:

Since it appears that you can't trust anyone - unless Contador wins
and then I know for a fact he's clean - I propose a rethinking of the
entire concept of anti-doping. It should be illegal, but it should be
encouraged.

It would have the same, ahem, Russian roulette attraction that won
Christoper Walken the Oscar in The Deer Hunter. This from IMDB:
"During some of the Russian Roulette scenes, a live round was put into
the gun to heighten the actors' tension. This was Robert De Niro's
suggestion. It was checked, however, to make sure the bullet was not
in the chamber before the trigger was pulled."
Yikes!

Yeah. Because actors have such a great track record with firearms on set:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Lee
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

Now, in fairness, that's two on-set deaths in, oh, the last 30 years or
so, is not that scary. By comparison, twice as many actors have been
killed by getting hit by helicopter blades.

New betting categories could be created with odds on who will get
busted and for what - a sure money maker if there ever was one. There
could be "rehabilitation" centers for convicted dopers...each attended
by 72 far-from-virgin-porn-stars (can anyone say second career?).
There'd obviously be lots of sponsors with _very_ deep pockets - drugs
and porn in the same market? Hoo boy, better open up another shell
corporation in the Cayman Islands!

No, I have seen the future of pro cycling. "Rule changes for tonight's
World Championship Game: No substitutions, no penalties... and no time
limit!"

Old July 25th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

RicodJour wrote:

New betting categories could be created with odds on who will get
busted and for what - a sure money maker if there ever was one. There
could be "rehabilitation" centers for convicted dopers...each attended
by 72 far-from-virgin-porn-stars (can anyone say second career?).
There'd obviously be lots of sponsors with _very_ deep pockets - drugs
and porn in the same market? Hoo boy, better open up another shell
corporation in the Cayman Islands!

No, I have seen the future of pro cycling. "Rule changes for tonight's
World Championship Game: No substitutions, no penalties... and no time
limit!"

Rouleur Ball...?

Yeah. I think the general principle was established by the 2004 and 2005
tours.

Old July 25th 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
G.T.

RicodJour wrote:
[...]

Was there something interesting in there?

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html