Where the hell were these people the rest of the year??

Old July 26th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
kaiser

Default Where the hell were these people the rest of the year?? goes (OT)

I apologize. I should have said "people resembling those most often
found residing south of the USA".

Bill, despite the fact that you see the TDF crumbling around you (due
to the actions of these asshole dopers), you refuse to feel anything
but empathy for their constitutional due process (the USA's
constitution, I might add, not France's). By the time you feel
anything relevant to the actual situation, there will be no more tour,
and there will be no more professional cycling.

Thank god for hippies like you.

On Jul 26, 4:16 am, Bill C wrote:
On Jul 25, 6:50 pm, kaiser wrote: I saw more mexicans doing the looting.

You like to put words in people's mouths.

In drawing class, the teacher will often say: "Draw what you see, not
what you think it's supposed to look like"

You are grouping people based on the actions of a few, or small
percentage nad using that as an excuse to strip their rights and
protections, and create negative stereotypes.
Doesn't matter who the hell you're doing it to, or what group, it's
wrong.
Protection from the law and government is as important as protection
by the law and government. That should apply to cycling too but it
doesn't. The governing types repeatedly fail to follow their own laws,
and do it with impunity, and cheering from the witch hunt crowd.
How do yuou feel about massive interment camps for Muslims in the US?
The last polling showed that most object to suicide bombings against
civilians here in the US, but the percentage that thought they should
be done, while small, amounted to over 400,000 people in real numbers.
This is obviously a threat. Therefore all Muslims in the US should be
rounded up, right?
Bill C

Since it's still July that's as far as I'm going OT. Needed that as a
paralell to cyclists being screwed over.

Old July 26th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Jul 26, 4:16 am, Bill C wrote:

You are grouping people based on the actions of a few ...
and using that as an excuse to strip their rights and
protections,....

Needed that as a
paralell to cyclists being screwed over.

It isn't a parallel. Bike racing is not a "right." The first reason
is that it is a matter of consent and contract. Living under a
guvmint regime is not a matter of consent or contract.

Even most things people call rights are not rights at all, but
powers. There is much confusion on the matter, thanks mostly to
muddleheaded morons in the legal profession, and "wise" legislators.

A right is a *negative* -- a freedom *from*. It is very narrow. A
"power" is an ability *to* do. So there is the "freedom from" and
"power to" distinction. An immunity is a right as it is a freedom
*from* someone interfering -- it imposes no necessary action upon
others. A privelege (or license) is a power and includes the
essential powered activity of interfering with the actions others.

Copy"right" is a power, not a right, as interferes with the actions of
others. It is a privelege/license.
Other examples: "a right to eat" or a "right to work" are not rights
at all, but powers, since they always impose *positive* (meaning acts
of power) behavior upon others.

I am free "to" fly like a bird. It is my right of independence that
no one can stop me. Whether I can actually do it or not depends upon
my personal *power*. Flying, speaking, eating, working, are all
powers, something someone can do. (Well maybe not flying, except if
you know The Yaqui Way of Knowledge.)

The only way I know to say the negative as a "to" is this: You have a
right to an *independent* life. Which means that no one can interfere
with you -- a negative -- and on the flip side, you cannot impose
duty upon others to keep you alive, as they have the same right of
independence. If everyone has an independent life, then the
*negative* (the inherent restraint involved in the social rule of
free conduct) means that no one is unjustly interfered with.
Ironically then, the entire _social_ concept of liberty/freedom/right
is effectively a matter of restraint rather than the cartoon version
of freedom which is represented as "I can do whatever I want." That
isn't what it means, as we are speaking in a social context. Besides,
"doing" is a matter of power anyway.

Old July 26th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Default Where the hell were these people the rest of the year??

Donald Munro wrote:

kaiser wrote:
Not one set of balls among them.

William Asher wrote:
That would be the steroids.

Perhaps its a veiled LANCE reference.

Good point. I keep forgetting a lot of people are still obsessing over
Lance.

--
Bill Asher
Old July 27th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jul 26, 4:49 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
On Jul 26, 4:16 am, Bill C wrote:

You are grouping people based on the actions of a few ...
and using that as an excuse to strip their rights and
protections,....

Needed that as a
paralell to cyclists being screwed over.

It isn't a parallel. Bike racing is not a "right." The first reason
is that it is a matter of consent and contract. Living under a
guvmint regime is not a matter of consent or contract.

Even most things people call rights are not rights at all, but
powers. There is much confusion on the matter, thanks mostly to
muddleheaded morons in the legal profession, and "wise" legislators.

Greg I'm talking about the "rights and protections" guaranteed to them
by their contracts and the UCI rules which are being violated by just
about everyone it seems.
As you have pointed out so mant times, it's damned near impossible to
hold the people making the rules responsible for breaking them.
Especially when they start using secrecy as a weapon as they have with
the testing.
Bill C

Rest Day Bob Schwartz Racing 0 May 10th 06 05:03 AM
rbr rest day Ryan Cousineau Racing 11 July 19th 05 06:07 PM
Rest Day Bob Schwartz Racing 1 July 18th 05 11:35 AM
Rest day Bob Schwartz Racing 2 July 12th 05 10:05 AM
rest day over doobrie UK 5 August 23rd 03 08:58 AM