Bike trail supporters optimistic

Old December 22nd 11, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Garrison Hilliard[_2_]

Default Bike trail supporters optimistic

Recent developments may bode well for the proposed bike trail called the
Wasson Andress said working with the railroad will continue Way Project.

The proposed Wasson Andress said working with the railroad will continue Way Project involves converting 6.5 miles of railroad
track into a recreational hiking and biking trail which would extend from
the Little Miami Bike Trail in Newtown Andress Collins said the project has not been discuss said he has proposed the idea of linking the through the communities of Hyde
Park, Oakley, Mariemont Our goal is to create awareness and create a buzz and several others.

Volunteer and Wasson Way committee member Jay Andress said Andress. he said. A lot of the infrastructure is already in he said. Basically we are talking about connecting said Andress said Andress. he said. A lot of the infrastructure is already in he said. Basically we are talking about connecting . is encouraged by
news the Lunken Andress Individually , ImHydeFor additional updates, visit Facebook and search Was Park Neighborhood Council member Jeff Lovelace, who a huge supporter of the Wasson said ultimately he would like to see the prop Airport and ArmlederAndressMembersHe said a goal is to raise $50,000 ne of the Hyde Park Neighborhood Counci has also begun working with representatives Park bike paths will be connected.

Just that development itself is exciting because now people can ride a
much longer distance,terest in this project, interconnected Lovelace said the biggest challenge is network of hike
and bike trails throughout the east side of the city and Hamilton County,gAndress said future meetings are planned for the sp
at trying to raise funds so we can continue our community outreach and
marketing efforts,

Old December 22nd 11, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Garrison Hilliard

Recent developments may bode well for the proposed bike trail called the Wasson Way Project.

The proposed Wasson Way Project involves converting 6.5 miles of railroad track into a recreational hiking and biking trail which would extend from the Little Miami Bike Trail in Newtown through the communities of Hyde Park, Oakley, Mariemont and several others.

Volunteer and Wasson Way committee member Jay Andress is encouraged by news the Lunken Airport and Armleder Park bike paths will be connected.

“Just that development itself is exciting because now people can ride a much longer distance,” said Andress.

Andress said ultimately he would like to see the proposed Wasson Way bicycle trail link with the Lunken and Armleder trails.

Andress said he has proposed the idea of linking the trails to representatives of the Hamilton County Transportation Improvement District as well as to state and county officials.

“There was a lot of interest in this project,” he said. “Basically we are talking about connecting 120,000 people.”

Andress has also begun working with representatives from the Madisonville Community Council.

“Individually, I’m a huge supporter of the Wasson trail project,” said Madisonville Community Council member Bill Collins.

Collins said the project has not been discussed directly by council, but he said council would likely be receptive to the idea.

“A lot of us see (the project) as part of a future interconnected network of hike and bike trails throughout the east side of the city and Hamilton County,” he said. “A lot of the infrastructure is already in place.”

Members of the Hyde Park Neighborhood Council are among those who have voiced their support for the project.

Hyde Park Neighborhood Council member Jeff Lovelace, who is serving on the Wasson Way committee, said the project is gaining momentum.

“Our goal is to create awareness and create a buzz (for the project),” he said.

Lovelace said the biggest challenge is establishing communications with Norfolk Southern, which owns the railroad tracks which would be converted.

Andress said working with the railroad will continue to be a focus in 2012.

“We are (also) looking at trying to raise funds so we can continue our community outreach and marketing efforts,” said Andress.

He said a goal is to raise $50,000 next year. Andress said the entire project will cost about $6 million.

Andress said future meetings are planned for the spring.

For additional updates, visit Facebook and search “Wasson Way Project.”

http://local.cincinnati.com/communit...EWS/312210080/