Colnago Ergolight Stem: eccentric sleeve?

Old August 10th 05, 05:38 PM
Derk

Default Colnago Ergolight Stem: eccentric sleeve?

Hi,

I want to have the exact same riding position 2 of my bikes. Both frmaes
have the same geometry. 1 has a 1" carbon fork, the other one has a 1 1/8"
carbon fork. Since maximum spacer highth of 1" is lower than that of a 1
1/8" fork, I have a problem, since I would like to keep the maximum nr. of
spacers on the 1 1/8" fork as reference.

So, I saw at tthe lBS a Colnago Erolight stem, that comes with an eccentric
sleeve. This should permit to raise the stem by 6 degree, according to the
manual. I opened the box and saw this strange looking sleeve with a
"collar". I wondered if this is the original part or that some things that
don't belong together have been thrown in the same box (not uncommon at my
LBS).

Could anyone who has this same stem have a look at the picture and tell me
if the object on the bottom left of th epicture is indeed the original
"eccentric sleeve" ? CAn I use it on my 1" carbon fork and by how much will
the steerer be raised approximately?

http://forum.tour-magazin.de/attachm...chmentid=28357

Thank you!

Greets, Derk