What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

Old December 14th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniKid2

Default What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

Shorts and a sweatshirt!

--
UniKid2

_*Approximate*_
'Countdown To OUI' 09' (http://tinyurl.com/6axmep)

*Vive le Québec Libre!*

unipsyco:i have tried my friend's kh and it's really killing my
knees..
sp4rky-m4rky:i swear you must be doing something wrong.
Old December 14th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Hes talking farenheit. 25degrees F is less than 0 c

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby

Old December 14th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MondayHopscotch

The one part of me that gets (and stays) cold when riding in lower
temperatures is my feet. What do you all wear as far as shoes go when
riding in cold weather?

I wear skate shoes, which are terrible being as they are heavily
vented. They just let the wind pass right through them and within 15
minutes of riding, i'm slightly uncomfortable.

I have some boots, but who enjoys riding in boots? They are too big and
clunky for me to ride comfortably and I have absolutely no feel for
where the pedals are since the soles are much thicker.

--
MondayHopscotch

Old December 15th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

Connahhh;1137416 wrote:
Yesterday it was 25 (I'm assuming Fahrenheit degrees out

That's T-shirt weather

Wimps...

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Old December 15th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

saskatchewanian;1137677 wrote:
I like to wear ski goggles to keep my eyes from freezing in the wind

Yeah, I really hate it when that happens. They kinda start to ache and
then the pain slowly progresses until you just have to close your eyes
and bury your head in your armpit.

It usually doesn't happen to me unless it's cold enough that I have to
breathe through a scarf, though.

The one part of me that gets (and stays) cold when riding in lower
temperatures is my feet. What do you all wear as far as shoes go when
riding in cold weather?

Get thicker socks, and go inside when they get numb, just to be safe.
I know a few people who have lost toes skiing.

Old December 15th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shug

Here in Minnesota for MUni I wear...
Keen Growler insulated boots
Smartwool socks
REI Polyester/Spandex (sexy!) workout pants
DIY Momentum () wind pants
Smartwool zip top
Golite wind shirt
polarfleece vest
Balaclava under helmet
Manzella windproof gloves under my hillbilly mountain bike wrist
gloves
Wrist Warmers
Goggles
In my pack I bring Montbell ThermaWrap pants and a DIY insulated
Momentum 90 top. Also a small alcohol stove kit to stop and have a
cocoa. i love that part. Also a sit pad for that.
Makes for an awesome ride.
Here is a link to a vid where I am wearing this and doing that if
interested:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJTAZvEF7I
Stay toasty,
Shug

--
Shug

Industrial Strength Chafing
Old December 15th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shug

Here in Minnesota for MUni I wear...
Keen Growler insulated boots
Smartwool socks
REI Polyester/Spandex (sexy!) workout pants
DIY Momentum () wind pants
Smartwool zip top
Golite wind shirt
polarfleece vest
Balaclava under helmet
Manzella windproof gloves under my hillbilly mountain bike wrist gloves
Wrist Warmers
Goggles
PLUS leg armor, arm armor, ankle guards...
In my pack I bring Montbell ThermaWrap pants and a DIY insulated
Momentum 90 top. Also a small alcohol stove kit to stop and have a
cocoa. I love that part. Also a sit pad for that.
Makes for an awesome ride.
In the VIDEO SECTION of this forum I have a vid of my gear. "Winter
MUni or WUni"
Stay toasty,
Shug

Old December 15th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MondayHopscotch

nimblelight;1149849 wrote:
Get thicker socks, and go inside when they get numb, just to be safe. I
know a few people who have lost toes skiing.

I don't wait till they get numb, that'd be stupid

I was just wondering what kind of shoes you all wear when you ride in
the colder weather.

--
MondayHopscotch