Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow - Tom Sherman

Old October 28th 11, 01:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow - Tom Sherman

I believe Tom Sherman has left these cycling newsgroups for good. It would
not be right for any of us not to take notice of this. So I will do the
honors since I knew him better than any of the rest of you.

Tom Sherman was here almost from the beginning. He was a prolific poster. In
the early days he was a poster of substance and obviously knew more about
bicycles than all the rest of you put together. He certainly knew more than
me and that is saying quite a bit.

As the years went by these newsgroups changed their character. Tom Sherman
became a gadfly and finally a jokester. He was essentially rendered
irrelevant as these groups became polluted more and more by idiots. Anyone
of any intelligence had long since left and he found himself alone with only
Ed Dolan the Great an adequate foil for him.

Finally all the posts were off topic which worked against any reason for
being here in the first instance. Now that he is gone we can clearly see how
these newsgroups have become the nullity they were always destined to
become. I am preparing to leave these groups myself once I have gotten rid
of Jim McNamara, a notorious stalker who is not worthy of me. But this is
about Tom Sherman, not Ed Dolan the Great.

His chief fault was that he was a liberal, an ideology that he often vented
on these newsgroups and which brought out the beast that lurks in the heart
and soul of Ed Dolan the Great. I don't think he ever enjoyed kicking ass as
much as I did, but he was at least a good sport about it. That is quite rare
in this day and age. These newsgroups are infinitely poorer now that he is
no longer here to keep things riled.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old October 28th 11, 11:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
kolldata

Sherman is gone
left the road
disappeared
into
the
corn
Old October 29th 11, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Duane Hebert

On 10/28/2011 6:59 PM, kolldata wrote:
Sherman is gone
left the road
disappeared
into
the
corn

I have noticed his absence. Any clue?
Old October 29th 11, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Duane Hebert" wrote in message
On 10/28/2011 6:59 PM, kolldata wrote:
Sherman is gone
left the road
disappeared
into
the
corn

I have noticed his absence. Any clue?

Tom Sherman often said that when he left these newsgroups, he would simply
leave without a word.

I on the other hand have left these newsgroups at least 12 times over the
years and always with much cussing and swearing and slamming of doors. Mr.
Sherman is of Danish ancestry and I am of Irish ancestry. Maybe that
explains the difference.

Old October 29th 11, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
kolldata

Sherman's computer blew up

rumors of Sherm's arrest for child molesting are unsubtantiated
Old October 29th 11, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
thirty-six

On Oct 29, 2:05*am, Duane Hebert wrote:
On 10/28/2011 6:59 PM, kolldata wrote:

Sherman is gone
left the road
disappeared
* into
* the
corn

I have noticed his absence. *Any clue?

Last known to be testing undersize bald treaded motorbike tyres.
Perhaps he went to see Jobst.
Old October 29th 11, 04:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"kolldata" wrote in message
Sherman's computer blew up

rumors of Sherm's arrest for child molesting are unsubtantiated

Rumors of Kolldata being an Ignorant Asshole are substantiated.

Old October 30th 11, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
kolldata

On Oct 28, 8:54*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"kolldata" wrote in message

Sherman's computer blew up

rumors of Sherm's arrest for child molesting are unsubtantiated

Rumors of Kolldata being an Ignorant Asshole are substantiated.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

WTF Dolan, I stand up for Sherman, you flip out. Nutto.
Old October 30th 11, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
kolldata

http://www.sweetslyrics.com/751409.T...Red%20Hen.html

Old October 30th 11, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Dan O

"kolldata" wrote in message

Sherman's computer blew up

rumors of Sherm's arrest for child molesting are unsubtantiated

Rumors of Kolldata being an Ignorant Asshole are substantiated.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

WTF Dolan, I stand up for Sherman, you flip out. Nutto.

I used to suspect that Ed *was* Tom's alter ego, but now that only one
of them is showing up...