defensive cycling 2014

Old November 26th 14, 01:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default defensive cycling 2014

http://ktla.com/2014/11/25/cyclist-a...o-be-prepared/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 26th 14, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://goo.gl/BhEza8
Old November 26th 14, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 8:53:13 AM UTC-5, wrote:
http://goo.gl/BhEza8

https://www.google.com/maps/search/o.../data=!3m1!4b1

http://goo.gl/gtYOki

WORTH A TOUR SEEING WHAT THE Chinese bring in....
Drag the little man onto a selected slum site map behind
Huntington
Old November 27th 14, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

It is good to be prepared... but prepared for exactly what? I could use
the gun and one knife at a time, or two knives at a time, or a knife and
the baton or the gun and the baton. They don't mention it but did this
guy have a couple extra hands?
Old November 27th 14, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:18:22 PM UTC-5, Tim McNamara wrote:
It is good to be prepared... but prepared for exactly what? I could use
the gun and one knife at a time, or two knives at a time, or a knife and
the baton or the gun and the baton. They don't mention it but did this
guy have a couple extra hands?

I use Mace, a police sized container but recently due to planned travel have a bear can.

I was accosted by a biker while riding on the bike path just up the street. A signal, in facto roadside a busy avenue isnot protective.

butbutbut, AFAIK a transported gun is transported in a container and locked.. The concept allows a immediate release locked container next to the car seat.

You need a concealed permit license to not use a box

Knives ? carrying several knives in most USA public areas is very borderline behavior moving into probable cause territory...the situation is like Brown-Rice, if you're stopped for illegal activity..and if someone squeals on you uragonna get stopped..then borderline activities are assumed 'probable cause'

lotta nuts carry guns, eg football players at nightclubs. Gun weight carries their assumed/imagined persona forward into reality.

I never drive LA at night so I doahn need a gun.

Only carry an automatic during the day.

Old November 27th 14, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.google.com/#q=state+and+...ons+in+transit
Old November 27th 14, 02:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Tim McNamara:
It is good to be prepared... but prepared for exactly what? I could use
the gun and one knife at a time, or two knives at a time, or a knife and
the baton or the gun and the baton. They don't mention it but did this
guy have a couple extra hands?

He was probably more than a few cards short of a full deck.

But I recall quitting either bike riding or motorcycle riding (can't
recall which... it was a loooong time ago) when a friend's practice of
carrying a loaded .44 magnum in his fuel tank pouch started sounding
reasonable.
--
Pete Cresswell
Old November 27th 14, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 11/27/2014 8:16 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Tim McNamara:
It is good to be prepared... but prepared for exactly what? I could use
the gun and one knife at a time, or two knives at a time, or a knife and
the baton or the gun and the baton. They don't mention it but did this
guy have a couple extra hands?

He was probably more than a few cards short of a full deck.

But I recall quitting either bike riding or motorcycle riding (can't
recall which... it was a loooong time ago) when a friend's practice of
carrying a loaded .44 magnum in his fuel tank pouch started sounding
reasonable.

It's reasonable. welcome to 2014.

Old November 27th 14, 04:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, November 27, 2014 11:22:45 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/27/2014 8:16 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Tim McNamara:
It is good to be prepared... but prepared for exactly what? I could use
the gun and one knife at a time, or two knives at a time, or a knife and
the baton or the gun and the baton. They don't mention it but did this
guy have a couple extra hands?

He was probably more than a few cards short of a full deck.

But I recall quitting either bike riding or motorcycle riding (can't
recall which... it was a loooong time ago) when a friend's practice of
carrying a loaded .44 magnum in his fuel tank pouch started sounding
reasonable.

It's reasonable. welcome to 2014.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Comparing crime activity in Madison with State College, UV, UNLV, MIT

UNC, UM.....should be a paper, no ?

Madison is rural outback despite prox to Chicago. the criminal activity posted herein seems largely minor weirdness not brutal violence.

Near LA, not in LA, at San Dimas where TV production types sleep in quaint houses on tree lines streets, I has the experience of an organized attempt to lift the cyclocrosser of the back of the truck and break in when I was running the laundry 150' away.

The in van alarm went off, there was a pig on the step bumper, one in the hedge, and a lookout in the laundry.

I've seen this several times in California.

Old November 27th 14, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

piled higher and deeper..

Prof's were fond of telling us, in 1966, that a past study on Pennsylvania Law enforcement or maybe that was Law in general, showed 3 of 5 law enforcers were mentally unstable or irrational.

and so water runs down hills.....

dig in Dude..

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...%2C10&as_sdtp=

2014 Cannondale Rush 29'r 2 [email protected] Marketplace 0 May 30th 14 04:29 PM
2014 a record? Gilberto UK 1 February 12th 14 08:55 AM
Both scheduling now, Diane and Rudy whispered the primary statues from defensive tent. Oris Marketplace 0 August 14th 07 03:54 AM
Filth on the defensive. iiiiDougiiii UK 11 December 23rd 06 11:30 PM
BHit Getting Defensive [Not Responding] UK 9 February 28th 04 09:41 PM